Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This Alabama abortion law

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    That's basically because you're a bog dwelling mick b. Most of my Irish colleagues, who are largely educated, liberal and decidedly non-religious have a deep distaste for abortion. Usually based on the spectacle of promiscuous females using it as a contraceptive solution.
    I simply take the view that, given a choice between the grown adult who has made informed choices and the voiceless, defenceless child being threatened with death merely for the crime of existing inconveniently, it ought to be the law’s job to prioritise defence of the latter rather than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I simply take the view that, given a choice between the grown adult who has made informed choices and the voiceless, defenceless child being threatened with death merely for the crime of existing inconveniently, it ought to be the law’s job to prioritise defence of the latter rather than the former.
    A mass of cells that cannot exist outside the womb is a defenceless child, is it?

Anyway, we know where this is going so there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Giving children 'rights' has led us to this world of 'autism' and 'peanut allergies' and Greta Thunberg haranguing politicos.

Think on.

And consider how much better the world would be had Mrs Jones looked at baby Owen and opted for the post-labour abortion option.