Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So ultimately, Chumbawamba's pelanty miss cost us St Totteringham's Day and automatic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd say there isn't really. A penalty is given because it is literally giving the attacking side the easiest possible means of scoring a goal. Given which, for a highly-paid professional whose main purpose is scoring goals to miss such an opportunity is very much professional negligence.
    Dear God. You even included the 'highly-paid' bit. Is this an audition for AFTV?

He's supposed to score goals. That is literally his job. It's like saying 'OK, this surgeon killed you by professional negligence, but think about all the other people he hasn't killed!' It's not relevant.
    He did a good job but, not a great one. All season commentators kept saying ‘Aubameyang, oh he doesn’t miss many of those’. What player were they watching? The guy misses 3-4 sitters in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The guy misses 3-4 sitters in every game.
    Utter, utter bóllocks, jt
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

CL qualification?

I really can't begin to express my disgust at this state of affairs.
    Well it didn't but don't let that get in the way of you warped thinking.

IF he'd scored that you have no ideas what would have heppended in every game after that...who is to say SPurs wouldn't have won yesterday if they had to?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

CL qualification?

I really can't begin to express my disgust at this state of affairs.
    I don't suppose he missed on purpose, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't suppose he missed on purpose, though.
    No. But then I don't suppose the Captain of The Titanic meant to smash it into a fúcking great iceberg. This was little consolation for the poor ****s who drowned in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, though.

No. But then I don't suppose the Captain of The Titanic meant to smash it into a fúcking great iceberg. This was little consolation for the poor ****s who drowned in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, though.
    I must say I'm suprised, and not a little disappointed, at the glee with which you have embraced the blame culture so eagerly propagated by the cultural Marxists.

Let us never undertake any enterprise, lest we make a mistake and lose a few passengers or miss a penalty.

Your brave new world seems to me a joyless, dispiriting place.

I must say I'm suprised, and not a little disappointed, at the glee with which you have embraced the blame culture so eagerly propagated by the cultural Marxists.

Let us never undertake any enterprise, lest we make a mistake and lose a few passengers or miss a penalty.

I'm not saying don't undertake the enterprise, I'm just saying don't fúck it up.

You're surprised b has become the most Victor Meldrew person on AWIMB???? It's been on the cards for some time imho
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You're surprised b has become the most Victor Meldrew person on AWIMB???? It's been on the cards for some time imho

Very, very harsh indeed

On Victor Meldrew.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman