Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I keep momentarily forgetting about tonight and then wondering why I'm feeling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Good day to you sir.

I have only just recently returned from Lyon where I celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary. After 2-3 days of bouchons, cathedrals, markets and the like, I fancied a sit down and a couple of pints. To no surprise we quickly discovered an Irish pub and entered.

Family at the bar were Irish, bartender was Irish and I popped off to the gents for quick p1ss before I ordered the drinks. Upon my return my bride of 22 years announced ‘let’s get out of here, I can’t stand the Irish’.

Now here’s the strange bit of this story. Upon hearing this, the mental image that popped into my mind was of you sitting in the Brownswood Park Tavern with a pint of ale and a betting slip in your hand..

Surely the real story here is that your wife is a vicious racist and purveyor of hate speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely the real story here is that your wife is a vicious racist and purveyor of hate speech?
    This from you?

Admittedly, I was surprised. And her justification seemed to be that they were always somewhat larry and usually p1ssed.

You’d think she could come up with a better reason than to hate them.

This from you?

Admittedly, I was surprised. And her justification seemed to be that they were always somewhat larry and usually p1ssed.

You’d think she could come up with a better reason than to hate them.
    Those are their good points, ffs!

Those are their good points, ffs!
    Ooh well in

Hopefully SW will soon return and this can kick off good n proper.

Ooh well in

Hopefully SW will soon return and this can kick off good n proper.
    Meanwhile, did you eat anything peculiarly disgusting while in Lyons? Any arse sausage or tripe?

Meanwhile, did you eat anything peculiarly disgusting while in Lyons? Any arse sausage or tripe?
    No, avoided innards and found the food generally to be a higher quality than most places in France. Almost had tripe at one of the more traditional bouchons. They pressed it flat, bread crumbed it and fried it and it looked pretty good - maybe next time, though. Did one Michelin star place near the Basilica which was excellent but my favourite meal was in a place just of Place Bellecour. Laminated menus, loads of tourists, everything about it said awful.

16 euros for three courses; salad Lyonaisse to start, saucisson Lyon for main and the cranberry tart for dessert. All very enjoyable.