Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a lot of old bollócks. How much security is there around a cathedral, for Christ's sake?
    They search you and your bags when you go in. How is this so difficult to understand? There are also always a min of 3 policemen with guns outside at most 15 yards from the entrance or exit (different doors.)

There's always a queue of a min or two to 30 mins. And at that time, it's quite busy.

The place inside is rammed with tourists taking photos. There is no quiet corner to start a fire. You have to know how to get up into the loft from inside the church, which probably involves going into the back bit which is all fenced off cos they don't want you nicking holy water or whatever.

You've got to do that with **** loads of tourists looking at you, snapping you on their phones, get up, start a fire, get down, and get out without anyone having seen you, or got the security or fuzz, with the room begining to burn.

I've spent the last 3 months 'round that church. It just isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    They search you and your bags when you go in. How is this so difficult to understand? There are also always a min of 3 policemen with guns outside at most 15 yards from the entrance or exit (different doors.)

There's always a queue of a min or two to 30 mins. And at that time, it's quite busy.

The place inside is rammed with tourists taking photos. There is no quiet corner to start a fire. You have to know how to get up into the loft from inside the church, which probably involves going into the back bit which is all fenced off cos they don't want you nicking holy water or whatever.

You've got to do that with **** loads of tourists looking at you, snapping you on their phones, get up, start a fire, get down, and get out without anyone having seen you, or got the security or fuzz, with the room begining to burn.

I've spent the last 3 months 'round that church. It just isn't possible.
    Do they confiscate cigarette lighters then? And - given all the renovation work going on - would anyone look twice at someone dressed like a workman going up into the roof area? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do they confiscate cigarette lighters then? And - given all the renovation work going on - would anyone look twice at someone dressed like a workman going up into the roof area? I doubt it.
    Dear God. This is like talking to Corbynistas about 9/11 or whatever.

The scaffolding for the workmen is on the outside. The loft is accessed from the inside. And even if you dressed in a hard hat you are not gonna be allowed to climb over the fences that separates the altar and the back rooms (whatever that is in church speak) from the tourists on pews looking at the stained glass behind where you have to clamber.

Quote Originally Posted by ganpati's goonerz--afc's aboriginal fertility cult View Post
    dear god. This is like talking to corbynistas about 9/11 or whatever.

The scaffolding for the workmen is on the outside. The loft is accessed from the inside. And even if you dressed in a hard hat you are not gonna be allowed to climb over the fences that separates the altar and the back rooms (whatever that is in church speak) from the tourists on pews looking at the stained glass behind where you have to clamber.
    you know nothing from the loft!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Dear God. This is like talking to Corbynistas about 9/11 or whatever.

I think it's hilarious that you think it's impossible to get to the loft of a publicly-accessible building full of people and undergoing renovations, start a fire and escape without anyone paying much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it's hilarious that you think it's impossible to get to the loft of a publicly-accessible building full of people and undergoing renovations, start a fire and escape without anyone paying much attention.
    Tommy Terrorist might have had a bow and arrows with flaming ends like in Robin Hood and shot them into the loft. Because obviously we know, beyond any doubt, that the fire started in the loft. Save the millions of euros you'd expect the goverhment to spend on an investigation, painstakingly analysing the evidence with the benefit of centuries of scientific learning, oh no, you don't need any of that because pokster and ganpati saw 15 seconds of footage taken on someone's mobile phone in the fúcking dark and they know exactly what happened.

Tommy Terrorist might have had a bow and arrows with flaming ends like in Robin Hood and shot them into the loft. Because obviously we know, beyond any doubt, that the fire started in the loft. Save the millions of euros you'd expect the goverhment to spend on an investigation, painstakingly analysing the evidence with the benefit of centuries of scientific learning, oh no, you don't need any of that because pokster and ganpati saw 15 seconds of footage taken on someone's mobile phone in the fúcking dark and they know exactly what happened.
    Excuse me, please show where I have said it was 100% an accident??? Oh sorry, you can't. I Said that it was far more likely to be an accident than Arson, which seems to be the opposite of what b was implying earlier.

So don't just make up **** to suit your comments, it's beneath you, bit like Monty's mum
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me, please show where I have said it was 100% an accident??? Oh sorry, you can't. I Said that it was far more likely to be an accident than Arson, which seems to be the opposite of what b was implying earlier.

So don't just make up **** to suit your comments, it's beneath you, bit like Monty's mum
    You have dismissed the possibility of it not being an accident as infinitessimally small. I can't spell infinitessimally.

Here you go.

It's from Le Monde.

Cited in the Sun and Boston Globe and a few others:

The restoration of the iconic spire and lead roof was the first phase of the massive 20-year renovation project, that began in July 2018 with the installation of 500 tonne scaffolding, reports Le Monde in Paris.

The paper says that the installation was "about to be completed on Monday when a fire broke out in the attic".

A "stray flame" is thought to have sparked the fire in the loft at 7pm local time (6pm BST).

"It appears that it all began as a relatively small fire linked to a stray flame in the roof," said an emergency services source.

See? I reckon Le Monde speaking to the firemen probably have a better clue than Awimb comspiracy theorists.

Here you go.

It's from Le Monde.

Cited in the Sun and Boston Globe and a few others:

The restoration of the iconic spire and lead roof was the first phase of the massive 20-year renovation project, that began in July 2018 with the installation of 500 tonne scaffolding, reports Le Monde in Paris.

The paper says that the installation was "about to be completed on Monday when a fire broke out in the attic".

A "stray flame" is thought to have sparked the fire in the loft at 7pm local time (6pm BST).

"It appears that it all began as a relatively small fire linked to a stray flame in the roof," said an emergency services source.

See? I reckon Le Monde speaking to the firemen probably have a better clue than Awimb comspiracy theorists.
    Thank God there's no need for an investgation. It's all been sorted it while the smoke's still rising.

This has got llahu Akbar written all over it and you JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!