Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
Either that is a lie, or les Douaniers have taken it upon themselves to act illegally.

We are still members of the EU. There is no such thing as an 'export' within the EU.

The cheese is in free circulation within the EU - unless, of course, the cheese isn't French at all, but has been imported to France from outside the EU, in which case it will be subject to community transit procedures. The ICTS system is currently down, actually, byt HMRC have authorised the fallback procedure so the only possible reason for your cheese being delayed is that 1) it is Duabaiin cheese and 2) some daft French **** is unable to write out a C88.

Do points 1 and 2 carry a strong air of verisimilitude, would you say?
You're actually wrong, C.

The French custom unions have been working to rule to show the country isn't ready for a no deal (and to consequently demand a massive wage rise and loads more jobs.)

They searched every bag for the Eurostar, meaning there were 6 hr delays and queues coming out the Gare du Nord.

Then they also started asking every vehicle at Calais to show them the docs and checked it matched the number plate. Nothing more. But this led to huge tailbacks.

This is why I didn't buy my usual ten quid coach ticket back and spent a nifty or more flying from CdG. (Some small new terminal, 3. Don't remember that from my St Martin days. Was 2F for long-haul back then.)

And there, despite arriving over 2 hrs before hand, they had to round those of us still queuing a T-20mins when the gates were meant to close and get us through security.

Flight delayed for 40 mins.

So they have been doing this.

I don't know about cheese, but assuming WES is accurately reporting what his fromage-wallah was saying*, then given what I experienced in March, I have no reason to doubt him. The Customs Unions were doing this as part of a co-ordinated action.

And it's not illegal. AFAIK. But I'm not an expert on those things. But it certainly wasn't according to UK and Fr papers in terms of the GdN and Calais checks.

*Ask him who scored the sexiest goal vs Napoli to see if he can speak the truth.