Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your vow is silly.

There. I've said it.
    Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it?
    Tony C Can't #jailbird
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But then how do you explain the fact that Buddhists, Sadhus, drugged up crusties, druids on mushrooms etc all get to the same planes?

If it's just the drugs, explain the Buddhists?

Just just make it easier to access - as 4.5k years of Hindu sadhus will tell you. But they don't create those states, otherwise Buddhists monks wouldn't get there. They are just a short cut to opening the door.
    They all get to the same ‘plane’ for the same reason most people agree that the sky is blue and that salt tastes salty - because we’re all wired up pretty much the same and have similar chemical responses to particular stimuli - regardless of whether the trigger for that stimulus comes in the form of days of fasting and meditation or a tab of acid.
    There’s nothing mystical or spiritual about that.

Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?
    Yup.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Yup.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.
    That's incredible. I had always thought that talk of different planes, astral or otherwise and "out-of-body" phenomena were the stuff 'o nonsense gan - oh wait! I still do

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    That's incredible. I had always thought that talk of different planes, astral or otherwise and "out-of-body" phenomena were the stuff 'o nonsense gan - oh wait! I still do
    Care to give me a rationalist explanation for what happened?

{Btw, when you've actually experienced the Pure Love of Divinity, actually physically experienced it, you know that it's not some hallucination. That it's real, in fact more real than our reality. Oh, and if you've ever glanced Eternity you'll know it really is a long ****ing time. Like longer than everything, ever.}

{Btw, when you've actually experienced the Pure Love of Divinity, actually physically experienced it, you know that it's not some hallucination. That it's real, in fact more real than our reality. Oh, and if you've ever glanced Eternity you'll know it really is a long ****ing time. Like longer than everything, ever.}
    I was a far more spritual creature when I was younger ganp. I would have out of the body experiences which I now believe may have been nothing more than lucid dreams.

I would also have exhilerating flying dreams in which I could propel myself to the stratosphere before gravity would lose pateince and I would turn round and hurtle earthwards at incredible velocity.

And I would often hear music that was multi-layered and fantastic, mutli-dimensional even and though I was listening to it I was also actually creating it in my mind.

None of these things happen anymore and I miss them but there was a darker side I do not miss. I would occasionally feel myself visited by a force that was unimaginably and pungently evil such that I would I was about to forfeit my very soul - how one might feel if one drifted too close to a black hole.

The terror that gripped me would grow exponentially so that it could only last a couple of seconds before I would wake and andI would be quite shaken for a couple of days. It felt to me that Satan himself had gazed on me. I still tremble slightly remembering it.

As the memories fade I begin to think it was all inside my own nut and to be honest, a whole years worth of flying like a god isn't worth a single second in the company of The Devil.

Temporal dislocation, perhaps. Bell's theorem of non-local connectivity raises some interesting possibilities about dimensions of space and time. Doesn't prove there's a god though - just that there can be scientific explanations for metaphysical data.

Who is already using such tools how video converter? I found the file converter here I need a fast tool for convert any video.