Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Assange gone.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.
    I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
    At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
    At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.
    It's been a few years but my recollection is that woman A voluntarily slept with him at a conference and the next day woman B also voluntarily slept with him. About a week later woman A and B were having lunch and discovered that they had both slept with him and they exchanged notes, as such. There was something similar that they both disliked (possibly the condom thing) and they then agreed that he should be charged with rape, a charge that never would have been made in a less 'liberal' society.

A retired detective in Sweden reviewed the case and said it was the weakest he had ever seen and there was virtually no chance of it proceeding to trial. Despite this, the Swedes still insist he come to Sweden for an interview, an interview he agreed to hold in the UK but not in Sweden due to fear of extradition.

I can understand his paranoia, especially as he appears to be a bit of a nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Given the bum's rush and arrested, apparently.

What'll they think of next
    Swift justice, already got 12 months for breaching his bail terms

looooool. Avenatti too, now.

At least that means everyone gets to see more of Ms. Daniels

https://saraacarter.com/thursday-ind...ulian-assange/

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Swift justice, already got 12 months for breaching his bail terms
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."