Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So it seems I'm going to Lisbon for a short break. What's good there, then?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Bird's Angel Delight for afters
    Instant Whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Bird's Angel Delight for afters
    Some years ago, feeling nostalgic for Angel Delight, I bought a packet of the chocolate flavour job. Being a sophistcated adult, I decided to make it with double cream instead of milk.

It was good. It was soooooo good.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All recommendations welcome.
    Don't whatever you do sit in a bar watching Arsenal play Man Utd at OT. #game50 #MikeRiley

I went to a posh restaurant on a hill overlooking the old town which was a fine view. No idea what it was called. Otherwise wander round the old town eating fish and drinking Superbok. Even the eggs taste of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Don't whatever you do sit in a bar watching Arsenal play Man Utd at OT. #game50 #MikeRiley

I went to a posh restaurant on a hill overlooking the old town which was a fine view. No idea what it was called. Otherwise wander round the old town eating fish and drinking Superbok. Even the eggs taste of fish.
    I mostly intend to eat clams.

Was it this place, by any chance? I wouldn’t call it post but perhaps our standards differ. Anyway, it was quite fantastic. I had the most wonderful leg of lamb there.

http://chapito-a-mesa.thefork.rest/en_GB/

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Was it this place, by any chance? I wouldn’t call it post but perhaps our standards differ. Anyway, it was quite fantastic. I had the most wonderful leg of lamb there.

It offers something called 'porklamb shank with spices and vegetable bulgur'.

Now either they've been undertaking unholy genetic experimentation over there or they're really hedging their bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Yeah, that's the one. Look, before the food nazis get on my case I did I didn't say whether the food was any good, just the view.

Yeah, that's the one. Look, before the food nazis get on my case I did I didn't say whether the food was any good, just the view.
    Did you try the porklamb?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Did you try the porklamb?
    It was nearly fifteen years ago, forsooth!

They probably hadn't built in by then. Perhaps it was like the halal 'bacon' I had in a breakfast in Bayswater the other day. There were only two tiny pieces of it, perhaps so you couldn't tell it wasn't real.
    Last edited by Ash; 04-01-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Now I fancy a chocolate Nesquik
    10 characters? Pile of cund.