Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Yup. Nothing undemocratic about that there EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are a fůcking moronic cretin. Sir, kindly leave the internet.
    Oh yes, were you the one about the download speeds. I can't remember. And how this proved that the Russians could not have hacked the Democratic National Committee :tinfoilhat:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This small island ruled half the world and will do so again. EIN REICH WIN VOLK EIN REES MOGG
    You could have gone to war with the Russians over Salisbury, but did you? Oh no! Just a slap on the wrist and let's suspend Abramovich for six months. I wanted to see warships steaming into Petersburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The point of the story is that MEPs voted incorrectly, in numbers sufficient to change the result of the vote, had their incorrect votes 'corrected' in the record, but the result was not amended. Whether Guido's emotive language is justified or helpful (and I would tend to suggest it isn't) the facts remain as reported.

The organisation is undeniably corrupt, undemocratic and unaccountable. How you can draw any other conclusion mystifies me.
    I agree with you entirely, C, in that the vote should have been held again. (And thank you for providing a reputable source.)

All I will point out is that there was a vote on Brexit last year where the result was 2 in the govt's favour. 2 top LDs weren't there as they'd been assured by the Lab whips that there'd be no major vote that day and both were doing constituency fundraisers or such like.

I don't remember B saying that was undemocratic and the vote should be re-run. Or that our system was undemocratic because such things occur.

Of course the EU vote should be re-done. Of course we need a better system, where MPs can vote electronically, but can get updated instructions from their whips electronically before they do so. (Silly foreigners with their bits of paper, etc.)

But why is our ****up acceptable but theirs not? 2 wrongs don't make a right, obv. They just make a double wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sadly, Remainers have shown themselves quite capable of trotting this utter drivel out over and over again - anything as long as they don’t have to face up to the monstrous fact that they voted to make themselves less free and to be governed by foreigners they cannot remove or control in any way in exchange for a quiet life, a few quid in their pocket and some bullshít about international brotherhood.

They are weak and cowardly people.
    I'd rather be governed by Frogs than Northerners.

Better food, more civilised culture, greater linguistic ability.

I have lived in Paris, Toulouse, St Martin, Barca, Rome, Utrect, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Berlin. But never north of the M25. I like continentals, I hate northerners. Why should I consider myself part of the same demos as Mancs, Scousers, Brummies and Geordies when I can't stand any of them? They can stick their mushy peas where the sun don't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I agree with you entirely, C, in that the vote should have been held again. (And thank you for providing a reputable source.)

All I will point out is that there was a vote on Brexit last year where the result was 2 in the govt's favour. 2 top LDs weren't there as they'd been assured by the Lab whips that there'd be no major vote that day and both were doing constituency fundraisers or such like.

I don't remember B saying that was undemocratic and the vote should be re-run. Or that our system was undemocratic because such things occur.

Of course the EU vote should be re-done. Of course we need a better system, where MPs can vote electronically, but can get updated instructions from their whips electronically before they do so. (Silly foreigners with their bits of paper, etc.)

But why is our ****up acceptable but theirs not? 2 wrongs don't make a right, obv. They just make a double wrong.
    As you say, two wrongs don't make a right - but we at least have the possibility of reforming our democracy. The EU will bow only to the will of Fuhrerin Merkel. The rest of us can go blow up our own kilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I have lived in Paris, Toulouse, St Martin, Barca, Rome, Utrect, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Berlin. But never north of the M25. I like continentals, I hate northerners. Why should I consider myself part of the same demos as Mancs, Scousers, Brummies and Geordies when I can't stand any of them? They can stick their mushy peas where the sun don't shine.
    Then you’re a bigoted arse.

I know and love many northerners - indeed I’m married to one. I also love France and have very positive feelings about the French. Although their political, cultural, media and academic class are the very worst kind of scum - even worse than ours, which is going it some.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Oh yes, were you the one about the download speeds. I can't remember. And how this proved that the Russians could not have hacked the Democratic National Committee :tinfoilhat:
    It's called evidence, and it came from former intelligence professionals. Do a little thought experiment. Substitute the word "Russians" in your ravings with the word "Jews" and listen to how that goes down. You might notice that you sound like the demented, racist conspiracy theorist that you are.
    Last edited by Ash; 03-29-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Blimey. The only groups about whom it is safe to generalise are Americans (including Canadians) and Australians (including New Zealanders). In all other cases people should be treated and judged as individuals.

Hating whole groups of people because of their geography and lineage? Classy stuff.

And it's petit pois puree to you my friend. And no, I don't like them either, but chips with gravy is fůcking ace.

Aye up, yer racist...the North is alright. A bit cold and damp, but alright.

Apart from the Liverpooly bit.

Mushy peas? Chips and gravy. Proper bitter beer?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”