Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Always follow the money, SW #PanamaPapers #ParadisePapers

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    So .............. what exactly are you saying?

You leave with no deal?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

You leave with no deal?
    Potentially, yes. Absolutely. That is the default position.

At which point your economy goes pffffft. Sorry.

That should stop him mouthing off about poor old Thierry Henry at least, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not sure your own economy will be exactly golden will it?

Not if she can't get it through Parliament (which she patently can't), no.

A rejection of an extension means No Deal.

The only alternative is legislating to revoke of A50, which would be democratically indefensible and would represent electoral suicide for both major parties.
    so you think parliament if faced with a choice between no deal and May’s deal would choose no deal? Not convinced

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    so you think parliament if faced with a choice between no deal and May’s deal would choose no deal? Not convinced
    I've explained the mechanics whereby it potentially happens. Labour would whip against it and there's no reason to think any other opposition parties wouldn't do the same, since they'll want to distance themselves as far as possible from 'Tory Brexit' as they can. The DUP won't budge if the backstop doesn't and the ERG - if faced with a choice between the deal they hate and No Deal - will overwhelmingly vote No Deal (indeed, many of them would love it).

Now sure there are lots of potential complications to that (abstentions, rebellions on the Labour benches, Tory MPs losing their bottle, etc), but it's perfectly plausible - even likely at this stage - that May's deal is rejected a third time and we get No Deal.

So all in all the Brexit is just a complicated equivalent of a Awimb flounce?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    So all in all the Brexit is just a complicated equivalent of a Awimb flounce?
    Amusingly, after all this time and all the high-level to-ing and fro-ing, it may come down to exactly that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very good. I do sense a sort of warming up to your president happening here, e. You know, as Mueller & Co. prepares to call it a day and go home?
    Not so much a warming up as an advancing of the plot. Like I say violent overthrow of the state

You leave with no deal?
    The only upside to a delay from the EU’s perspective is that it ends up in a referendum and a Remain vote. The downside of no extension is that we may vote for no deal.

The EU has to decide which of those two things is more likely and proceed accordingly I think.

I’m now guessing they don’t extend we have one final vote and May’s deal goes through as parliament won’t vote for no deal.