Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit is going to ultimately get cancelled if May loses tonight, isn’t it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    NI did oppose Brexit in its totality for exactly this reason. They finally found a modus vivendi after 200-odd years and we fûcked it up by having bigger European fish to fry (pretty much a microcosm of Anglo-Irish history right there, btw ).
    However, if given a choice between the U.K. and any suggestion of being governed, affiliated with or at the mercy of the Irish Republic, the DUP will always choose the U.K. They will fight anyone - including us - to stay British.
    There is only one thing the DUP is concerned about: the terror of being ruled by Fenian scum. Literally nothing else matters.
    The sad truth is that this whole thing has come down to weird, Irish shít.
    I don’t blame you for not getting it. Not many English people do.
    Yes it's all quite surreal really. The Orangemen don't want a hard border nor do Soros Fein but we have the EU calling the shots of what happens in Ireland and nobody can see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Yes it's all quite surreal really. The Orangemen don't want a hard border nor do Soros Fein but we have the EU calling the shots of what happens in Ireland and nobody can see the problem.
    The whole thing is bizarre and ironies abound. For instance that Sinn Fein ('we ourselves' or 'ourselves alone', lest we forget that its whole raison d'etre has always been Irish self-determination) has long been the loudest voice of Euroscepticism on the island of Ireland. And yet now it attempting to exploit an act of Eurosceptic self-determination of precisely the sort it has long advocated for Ireland and is using Ireland's membership of the EU as a means of achieving a united Ireland by the back door.

Breathtaking hypocrisy and cynicism.

And yet now it attempting to exploit an act of Eurosceptic self-determination of precisely the sort it has long advocated for Ireland and is using Ireland's membership of the EU as a means of achieving a united Ireland by the back door.

Breathtaking hypocrisy and cynicism.
    A body politic exhibiting self interest and cynicism? Astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    A body politic exhibiting self interest and cynicism? Astonishing
    You used it!

My genocidal maniac brig.gen African warlord uncle used to say something like that too.

Sandhurst, you see; even brings out the best in the worst of us

They will fight anyone - including us - to stay British.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My genocidal maniac two-star general African warlord uncle used to say something like that too.

Sandhurst, you see; even brings out the best in the worst of us
    We've all got one, haven't we? Can make Christmas awkward at times.

We've all got one, haven't we? Can make Christmas awkward at times.
    No-one ever mentioned it back when I was a kid
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No-one ever mentioned it back when I was a kid
    I've always fancied being a warlord. It sounds ace. What's the pension like?

Can I ask you where on your smart phone you get the ability to add the inflection to your "u" in fu ck? I feel if I had that I'd be able express myself more authentically.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Can I ask you where on your smart phone you get the ability to add the inflection to your "u" in fu ck? I feel if I had that I'd be able express myself more authentically.
    On an iPhone you simply keep your finger on the 'u' button until the option appears. On a PC keyboard it's ALT+151