Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This needed a vote?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Sutton got caught out and then when questioned about it went all alpha male and double downed on his assertion that VVD is no1.

He knew he was wrong but didn’t want to admit it.

Quite pathetic really.

VVD hasn’t won anything let alone a league title. You’d also have think if Liverpool don’t win it this year then they may never will.

He doesn’t even get into the Top5 list lol

Bergkamp No1 and then in no particular order...Stam, RVN, Overmars and RVP.

No order on the rest because it would be so tough ranking that lot.
    A lot would depend on the criteria of selection innit.

Are we judging said Dutch on his form while in the PL, or simply the greatest ever Dutcher to play in the PL. If the latter then while Dennis would no doubt still come out in number 1 spot I expect some could or would make a case for Ruud Gullit who has not even made your top 5.

Though you making a top 5 or top 10 list out of character is simply not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Are we judging said Dutch on his form while in the PL, or simply the greatest ever Dutcher to play in the PL. If the latter then while Dennis would no doubt still come out in number 1 spot I expect some could or would make a case for Ruud Gullit who has not even made your top 5.

Though you making a top 5 or top 10 list out of character is simply not the same.
    I used to covet Jimmy Floyd Hasselabaink. Partly because he always scored against us, partly because he had enormous thighs and partly because of the way he used to just belt the fùck out of the ball with little or no backlift.

In the Netherlands, where you’d expect them to know about this, Bergkamp is considered by many to be second only to Cruyff n the pantheon pg great Dutch footballers, with Gullit behind them, Neeskens, Haan, van Hanegem and Rijkard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In the Netherlands, where you’d expect them to know about this, Bergkamp is considered by many to be second only to Cruyff n the pantheon pg great Dutch footballers, with Gullit behind them, Neeskens, Haan, van Hanegem and Rijkard.
    What of poor Clarence?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What of poor Clarence?
    The, shall we say more brown players tend not to get quite the same recognition as their white counterparts. Why, I couldn’t say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Interesting.

I simply was unsure where he stood in said pantheon given he lead the Oranje to their only International win of significance while also was a giant of the club game.

Why don't *you* rate van Basten?

Interesting.

I simply was unsure where he stood in said pantheon given he lead the Oranje to their only International win of significance while also was a giant of the club game.

Why don't *you* rate van Basten?
    Apologies, Marco exists within the blessed trio, of course. Cruyff, Bergkamp, van Basten.

That really is quite a trio, come to think of it. And I’ve seen them all on. A pitch at one time!

Sir C "No, but still it was a thrill."

Was that the Merson testimonial which finished 7-3 ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

No, first game at the Emirates, for Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post

Have to ask why Cruyff and van Basten would tog out for Merse?