Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Soubry, Allen and Wollaston strongly rumoured to jump Tory ship later this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    and join the Independent Group.

Sh*t gettin' real
    In fact, it could be argued that what's more interesting are the names that aren't there. These three are all entryist non-Tories. People who (whatever their many faults) actually have some history in the Tory party like Grieve, Boles and Duncan are notable by their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In fact, it could be argued that what's more interesting are the names that aren't there. These three are all entryist non-Tories. People who (whatever their many faults) actually have some history in the Tory party like Grieve, Boles and Duncan are notable by their absence.
    Sure, but you have to imagine the original 7 would not have made the move without absolute cast-iron certainty that many more would follow them from both parties, otherwise why take the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Sure, but you have to imagine the original 7 would not have made the move without absolute cast-iron certainty that many more would follow them from both parties, otherwise why take the risk?
    There was no 'risk' for these three. Not one of them had a chance of being allowed to retain their seat.

These 11 fearless souls have concluded that if you can't change an organisation from within you have no choice but to leave it.

You can't fault their logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    These 11 fearless souls have concluded that if you can't change an organisation from within you have no choice but to leave it.

You can't fault their logic.
    Perhaps they’ll opt for something catchy to lure in disaffected voters. I dunno, how about, say, The SDP ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Perhaps they’ll opt for something catchy to lure in disaffected voters. I dunno, how about, say, The SDP ?
    Unlike this lot, the Gang of Four were actually senior political heavyweights. Even the 'other one' had been a secretary of state.

As far as I can tell the three Tories who left are Remainers with a strop on. The 8 who have left Labour have done so because the leader and much of the party leadership are racist bullies who couldn't be trusted to run the country.

Sadly, methinks those two messages are going to get mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    As far as I can tell the three Tories who left are Remainers with a strop on. The 8 who have left Labour have done so because the leader and much of the party leadership are racist bullies who couldn't be trusted to run the country.

Sadly, methinks those two messages are going to get mixed up.
    Right-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Anti-Semite' at political opponents sounds to me just like left-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Islamophobe' at their political opponents. Childish and insincere name-calling all round imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Right-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Anti-Semite' at political opponents sounds to me just like left-wingers constantly shouting 'racist' or 'Islamophobe' at their political opponents. Childish and insincere name-calling all round imo.
    You don't think that the Labour party currently has an issue with anti-semitism? You don't think that Jeremy Corbyn regularly consorts with visious anti-semites and refuses to address the issue in his party? You think that jewish Labour MPs are lying when they talk of the anti-semitic attacks they face from within the party?

Say what we like, (and we do) about Grandpa Semtex, he does engender the most extreme blinkered loyalty amongst his admirers. It's quite remarkable, really. I mean, Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot had some charisma about them. Steptoe just looks like a bewildered homeless person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Of course, but there's nothing wrong with using the racism bar as set by the left to hoist them by their own retard.