Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I am sure AWIMB will want to join with me in celebrating the the birth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yes but the malls, discounted top notch jewellery, first class hotels and all year round weather mitigates that. ��
    Quite right, 7s.

It's a moderate Islamic country which is technically advanced and offers the conveniences you mention. Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Quite right, 7s.

It's a moderate Islamic country which is technically advanced and offers the conveniences you mention. Dubs
    No. Turkey could reasonably be described as a 'moderate Islamic country'. Dubai is a slightly less hardline Islamic country than Saudi or Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. Turkey could reasonably be described as a 'moderate Islamic country'. Dubai is a slightly less hardline Islamic country than Saudi or Iran.
    Women in Dubai can move freely around with no control over themselves or their dress. A third of Dubai MPs are women.

That is not slightly less hard line than Saudi, it's far less hard line.

I was there a couple of weeks back and gave the metro a whirl. Very impressive. Lots of little Indian chaps hopping on and off at stations. It was like being on the District Line but with fewer seats. Incredibly clean. You could almost eat your dinner off the floor. 20 dirhams for a day pass, which was far better than the 6 lane traffic jams and the usual 100dir fare to Deira.