Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I see Liam Neeson has made the mistake of admitting to an entirely comprehensible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ah, Mr Burnley. Copied from the other day, in case you didn't see it:

ISTR you don't mind a bit of Assyrian carving and winged bulls and so forth. If you've not had a look at the Ashurbanipal Exhibish at the British Museum then there are a few weeks left. It's jolly good.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_...urbanipal.aspx
    Yes. I do fancy a crack at that. Thank you, a. I’m in the US all next week, so it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

I love how unashamedly vicious the Assyrians were. Fine bunch of lads.

What about your mum?

They loved their coursing too. Be sure to ask them about hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They loved their coursing too. Be sure to ask them about hounds.
    Yes, the hounds got a go on the lions too. I'm surprised there are any lions left tbh, between them and the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I do fancy a crack at that. Thank you, a. I’m in the US all next week, so it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

There's lots of smiting, sieging, flaying, head-chopping-and-making-others-wear-the-heads-around-the-neck, and more lion hunts than you can shake a bloody spear at. Any nation 'offending' the king and their gods with disobedience was fair game. Sounds rather familiar to me, but that's Manifest Destiny for you, I suppose. #Monroe

Then there's a library of cuneiform books, sphynxes, winged lions and so on, and the whole thing is beautifully lit.