Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So the Invincibles thing is safe for another season and Spurs aren't going to win it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Something acidic to cut the oiliness is good. Generally, though, I do think things like mackerel, sardines, pilchards (these three may all be the same thing) and herring are underrated. I think it's because people don't seem to like fish that tastes really fishy. Benders.

I had a kipper over Christmas and enjoyed it enormously. I'd forgotten how nice they could be.
    sardines, pilchards and herrings are all in the herring family Clupeidae. Obv a kipper is a smoked herring.

mackerel is a scombridae fish.
    scromber scrombus the most common consumed on these shores.

oily fúckers, the lot of em.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    sardines, pilchards and herrings are all in the herring family Clupeidae. Obv a kipper is a smoked herring.

mackerel is a scombridae fish.
    scromber scrombus the most common consumed on these shores.

oily fúckers, the lot of em.
    This is fine fish knowledge, i. I salute you.

I also rather love the name 'Scromber Scrombus', which sounds like a schoolboy declining a latin verb.

I also rather love the name 'Scromber Scrombus', which sounds like a schoolboy declining a latin verb.
    in one of my previously lives I worked in the seafood industry.

the factories smelled lovely*

* they didn't
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

One declines nouns. Verbs are conjugated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Hello a. How the devil are you, old chum?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hello a. How the devil are you, old chum?
    Not too bad, thanks. Been very busy with work, which has been at least useful in the lucre department. Not got around to spending much of it though, apart from a Spotify account and a device to connect my laptop to a pair of decent monitors. Music has flooded back into my life and it is good. I might even play some again this year, if a drunken exchange of messages on NYE turns out to be true.

How's the nose?

Not too bad, thanks. Been very busy with work, which has been at least useful in the lucre department. Not got around to spending much of it though, apart from a Spotify account and a device to connect my laptop to a pair of decent monitors. Music has flooded back into my life and it is good. I might even play some again this year, if a drunken exchange of messages on NYE turns out to be true.

How's the nose?
    Hurrah! We'll come and watch you pluck your strings!

Nose needs surgery. Not good.

In better news we're off to Ullswater at the end of the month. Hoping for snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hurrah! We'll come and watch you pluck your strings!

Nose needs surgery. Not good.

In better news we're off to Ullswater at the end of the month. Hoping for snow!
    Ah, yes. The nose. Is it a complete re-boring job? Just think of all that lovely oxygen you'll get. Your brain might start functioning on some sort of uber-level and you'll start knowing all about black holes and whatnot. It could be a full Flowers For Algernon job.

You are, of course, correct. My face is red. It's been such a long time since I conjugated. Sadly, I cannot say the same about declining.