Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of chicks, I read a book by one and it was alright. :nod:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oooh, it's on Audible. I've nabbed it. For lack of choice, I've been reduced to listening to Bernard Cornwell books lately. They're really not terribly good. And very samey. And all the women either get raped or narrowly escape rape. He's deffo got a thing about rape. Dirty man.
    There's anothe good audible choice for you, it's a trilogy but only two of them available on audiobook so far, my bird introduced me to them, they're about a lad and horses and that, what's it called now, The Horseman. Tim Pears. That's the first one. Checkitout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's anothe good audible choice for you, it's a trilogy but only two of them available on audiobook so far, my bird introduced me to them, they're about a lad and horses and that, what's it called now, The Horseman. Tim Pears. That's the first one. Checkitout.
    Is there any war in it?

I don't usually like fiction where people don't get shot or stabbed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Is there any war in it?

I don't usually like fiction where people don't get shot or stabbed anymore.
    Hmm. To be fair, not a great deal actually happens, per se. Things just, well, are.

The glw says if you're after recommendations, you should read The Western Wind.

How about Beevor's Arnhem?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm. To be fair, not a great deal actually happens, per se. Things just, well, are.

The glw says if you're after recommendations, you should read The Western Wind.

How about Beevor's Arnhem?
    That sounds quite good, but it's only 10 hours.

Done Arnhem. It got a bit depressing. I prefer the books where the Germans lose.