Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anywon else back at work today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    An associate editor. It means she can't drive and at worst, she'll have to type one-handed.
    she must be very **** at ice skating to break her wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    she must be very **** at ice skating to break her wrist.
    Ice skating is a bit of a spastic thing for grown adults with other responsibilities to do if you ask me, f. Basically asking to get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ice skating is a bit of a spastic thing for grown adults with other responsibilities to do if you ask me, f. Basically asking to get injured.
    They want to go at work they ask me if I can skate even though they know I played Ice Hockey for years

However I find public skating sessions rather boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They want to go at work they ask me if I can skate even though they know I played Ice Hockey for years

However I find public skating sessions rather boring.
    Oh, it's different if you're an expert. But people who do it once every few years and then seem surprised to discover that ice is a/ slippery and b/ quite hard get zero sympathy from me.

I once went to a Christmas press lunch at Somerset House where ice skating was a pre-lunch activity. Knowing I was shít at it and hadn't done it for about 15 years, I sat it out, preferring to get an early start on the drink. Gratifyingly, one of my press colleagues fell on his arse and cracked his coccyx. I had to work very hard not laugh.