Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I don't feel I ask for much in life, but it would be *quite* nice if Spurs stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Exactly my problem with them. You can't get a decent pint anywhere in Faversham as a result. It's the same issue with McMullen's in Hertford. Lovely town, but there is only one independent pub that doesn't serve their truly awful, weak filth.
    That is annoying. I was thinking that transitioning to a more leisurely pace of life could be the perfect excuse I need to learn how to use pubs properly.

Real ale and psychedelics - retirement is gonna be ace

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Nice, ain't it!

We have our eye on a great house, but might be about £50k short. I don't suppose you....I mean....I know you're a man of wealth...and, we've known each other along time.....and frankly I'd suck you till it falls off if you could just....well, just PM if you like, eh?

And yes, it is a bit of a foodie mecca. I bet you can find some great pizza there
    £50k's neither here nor there in the scheme of things, though. Just ask your mum.

On Sunday they had a little market in the square and the Salvation Army band was playing and it was all quite magical.

I may go for a weekend there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    £50k's neither here nor there in the scheme of things, though. Just ask your mum.

On Sunday they had a little market in the square and the Salvation Army band was playing and it was all quite magical.

I may go for a weekend there.
    There was a hop festival going on the first time we visited.

Every other shop is an independent artisanal cheesemaker or some such.

It's like having the best of London, but with fewer black people

Sir C buys his pizza in a retail car park in St Mary Cray. True story.
    Actually I'm off pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    There was a hop festival going on the first time we visited.

Every other shop is an independent artisanal cheesemaker or some such.

It's like having the best of London, but with fewer black people
    It's lovely living out in the country. Mind you, my bit of it does have rather too many Tottenham fans.

Actually I'm off pizza.
    Of course you are. Because it's meh.

Talking of retail car parks, I found out the other day that a chap I work with used to be a keen dogger until he saw the light. I really didn't know how to respond when he told me. I mean, what can you say?

It's lovely living out in the country. Mind you, my bit of it does have rather too many Tottenham fans.
    Hertford? Full of them. My GLW's family included. Hetford does appear to be a north London overspill.

Around here also seems to be full of them. Although a smattering of Gooners too.

My village was a potential destination on Escape to the Country the other week. A couple moving out of London desperate to live in Suffolk.

They ended up in Thetford.

Thetford, Norfolk.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Hertford? Full of them. My GLW's family included. Hetford does appear to be a north London overspill.

Around here also seems to be full of them. Although a smattering of Gooners too.

My village was a potential destination on Escape to the Country the other week. A couple moving out of London desperate to live in Suffolk.

They ended up in Thetford.

Thetford, Norfolk.
    Ooooh, Thetford is not nice. I remember waiting for a train and going into the pub nearest the station. I'd say I was looked at as though I had two heads, but I suspect that having superfluous body parts would actually have made me fit in rather better.

Of course you are. Because it's meh.

Talking of retail car parks, I found out the other day that a chap I work with used to be a keen dogger until he saw the light. I really didn't know how to respond when he told me. I mean, what can you say?
    I have a confession to make with regard to dogging: I don't know what it means.

I understand that there is a sexytime element, and a car park element. Beyond that, I've never ascertained the details.

I have a confession to make with regard to dogging: I don't know what it means.

I understand that there is a sexytime element, and a car park element. Beyond that, I've never ascertained the details.
    Basically, random strangers turn up in a car park, flash their lights at one another and either have sex with some rough old sort in the backseat of a mid-range 4x4 or wânk while watching someone else do so.