Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I see a Brit has died of Rabies in Morocco.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    hbla! You should allow ytourself a glass of beer today to celebrate.

You must be pushing 40 by now?
    This was it, I think. Terrifying. Mind you, fùck knows what my parents were thinking letting me watch it when I was 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Death

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This was it, I think. Terrifying. Mind you, fùck knows what my parents were thinking letting me watch it when I was 8.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Death
    No, the one I'm thinking of was a 1950s Amercian B movie which featured a rabid bloke being tied to a stake outside all night, where he howled like a dog.

No, the one I'm thinking of was a 1950s Amercian B movie which featured a rabid bloke being tied to a stake outside all night, where he howled like a dog.
    Ooh, that sounds good, too. This one had lots of frothing at the mouth and extended sequences depicting the hallucinations induced by the disease. It also started with a really creepy rendition of 'All Things Bright And Beautiful'.

hbla! You should allow ytourself a glass of beer today to celebrate.

You must be pushing 40 by now?
    Nudging it thank you- from a great distance it must be said

Not to worry you here, la, but when I lived in the Fatherland, a few of the woods near me had Tollwurt signs at the entrance.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 11-12-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Not to worry you here, la, but when I lived in the Fatherland, a few of the woods near me had Tollwurt signs at the entrance.
    You lived in the North didn't you? In Munich most of the dogs are carried in handbags as fashion accessories even if they had rabies you can boot the little ****ers to kingdom come before they bite you. Not that I advocate that sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Add in the prospect of Nuclear War and it sure was a fun time to grow up. The rabies thing is the same for me. Up I remember the first time I went to France (81 or 82 I think) I was petrified evertime I saw a dog, even if they were on a lead with respectable owners. All foreign dogs had rabies didn't they.
    It was all those posters on the cross channel ferries. Black with a sort of drawing of a slavering dog's head in red with "La Rage" written in big red letters above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It was all those posters on the cross channel ferries. Black with a sort of drawing of a slavering dog's head in red with "La Rage" written in big red letters above.
    Yep - I remember them. Not at all meant to give you nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - I remember them. Not at all meant to give you nightmares
    Hast du Kopfschmerz this morning la?

Hast du Kopfschmerz this morning la?
    Nein - alles gut. I may have had more than the one whisky though