Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can't believe we haven't covered the Grenfell effigy furore.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I read plenty of comments saying that these people's lives should be ruined for doing this. Nobody seemed to consider that there would be innocent victims of such ruination - not least their kids. But there's nothing as ruthless and repulsive as the self-righteous mob.
    Sure, but those comments can be blandly made precisely because nowadays, it's practically impossible to ruin anyone's life.

Lose your job? Bof! Just get another one. Wife? Family? Never liked them much anyway. And so on.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Sure, but those comments can be blandly made precisely because nowadays, it's practically impossible to ruin anyone's life.

Lose your job? Bof! Just get another one. Wife? Family? Never liked them much anyway. And so on.
    But imagine being the sort of person who actually wants to ruin someone's life! Imagine being that bloodlessly vindictive? I can understand - even sympathise with - hating someone so much you wish them dead, but there's something so repulsive about wanting to see someone's life ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But imagine being the sort of person who actually wants to ruin someone's life! Imagine being that bloodlessly vindictive? I can understand - even sympathise with - hating someone so much you wish them dead, but there's something so repulsive about wanting to see someone's life ruined.
    It's just a figure of speech, I think
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."