Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well that was pretty wânk, wasn't it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know on here if people are actually annoyed or taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    b is just a miserable **** p
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    b is just a miserable **** p
    and monty is monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, f, but I'm taking the pìss in a somewhat annoyed fashion.

My take is simply that while Emery is demonstrating a decent level of competence and there are encouraging signs, the hype about him is unwarranted given that our overall position so far is no better this season than it was for years under Wenger.

It's all honeymoon period bóllocks, basically and we should judge him in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well I can't speak for anyone else, f, but I'm taking the pìss in a somewhat annoyed fashion.

My take is simply that while Emery is demonstrating a decent level of competence and there are encouraging signs, the hype about him is unwarranted given that our overall position so far is no better this season than it was for years under Wenger.

That speaks for me too. I think there's plenty to be optimistic about - even if it is simply the placebo of removing Wenger and much of the negativity that followed him towards the end. I'm more than ready to start looking forwards rather than backwards, but when people start absurdly comparing him with Wenger at this point I'll point it out

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

There is hype?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    There is hype?
    Media began to lose the run of itself a little pre-Palace with premature talk of smashing club records.

Perhaps in a rush to crown the man who many / some predicted, or hoped as the case with Monty and his type, would fail.

Certainly a B+ on his report card at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Media began to lose the run of itself a little pre-Palace with premature talk of smashing club records.

Perhaps in a rush to crown the man who many / some predicted, or hoped as the case with Monty and his type, would fail.

Certainly a B+ on his report card at this stage.

In my opinion, the team is performing around about where they should be which, imvho, is in stark contrast to the previous 2-3 seasons where the same-ish players woefully under performed. Does that make Emery a genius or does that highlight a legend of the club that had sadly lost his way?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Wenger played Reiss-Nelson there instead
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You can argue that Arsenal were in decline (the results indicated that that was clearly true) without arguing that Wenger was leaving the club in a terrible state. It depends on how bad he was at managing the players and money available to him.

Not sure how anyone can suggest that Arsenal as a club weren't far ahead of where we were when he arrived. In fact, virtually every analysis of his performance - no matter how bad - started with 'let's not forget what he has done for this club but...'
    Didn’t Wenger also become mired in effectively doing a job which is carried out by 3 or 4 people at most other clubs ?
    Emery has been left to purely coach the players, whereas, reports claim that AW left the players to work out playing solutions amongst themselves ...