Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Deal it is, then. :rubshands:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Under particular customs arrangements, yes. Who knows what further possibilities will present themselves?

(I haven't got the enrgy for it, if truth be told.)
    At this stage - due to Theresa May being a thick cùnt and having backed herself into a binary choice between subjugating us to the EU in perpetuity and effectively breaking up the Union - No Deal seems like much the best option.

Honestly, that woman has been an utter disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    At this stage - due to Theresa May being a thick cùnt and having backed herself into a binary choice between subjugating us to the EU in perpetuity and effectively breaking up the Union - No Deal seems like much the best option.

Honestly, that woman has been an utter disaster.
    The thing is, No Deal doesnt actually help solve the border issue. It is still a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The thing is, No Deal doesnt actually help solve the border issue. It is still a problem.
    What's the problem? Ireland is in the EU, the UK isn't, so there will be a border. Like there is between countries everywhere on earth.

What's the problem? Ireland is in the EU, the UK isn't, so there will be a border. Like there is between countries everywhere on earth.
    Well, yeah. So why not proceed on that basis and do a ****ing deal?

Well, yeah. So why not proceed on that basis and do a ****ing deal?
    It's not up to me mate. I don't know who you think I am, but I'm not the King of Europe.

It's not up to me mate. I don't know who you think I am, but I'm not the King of Europe.
    My point is that it appears to be a problem and,m if it is, it isnt solved by leaving without a deal.

For whom is it a problem, p? To the EU and their precious, sanctified single market - not to us.

If they want to impose a border, let them.

For whom is it a problem, p? To the EU and their precious, sanctified single market - not to us.

If they want to impose a border, let them.
    Hang on, I thought we were jumping up and down with excitement about being in control of our own borders.... apart from that one?

Wont all the nasty foreigners just land in Dublin and then enter the UK in the North before slowly making their way to your neighbourhood, and mine?

Hang on, I thought we were jumping up and down with excitement about being in control of our own borders.... apart from that one?

Wont all the nasty foreigners just land in Dublin and then enter the UK in the North before slowly making their way to your neighbourhood, and mine?
    Err...we would be in control of our borders. We'd be choosing to keep that one open - or not. And then we'd be entitled to set our own immigration and naturalisation laws that could control such things.

Err...we would be in control of our borders. We'd be choosing to keep that one open - or not. And then we'd be entitled to set our own immigration and naturalisation laws that could control such things.
    So we would exercise our control of our border by not having a border? That makes a lot of sense

And how do you go about enforcing an immigration law without a border?

I believe others have considered some sort of wall in similar scenarios....