Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: No Deal it is, then. :rubshands:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    More likely to blow up said customs official I would have thought.

Not that I am involved of course.
    Why would anyone, even a thick paddy, think it appropriate to blow up a customs oifficial?

It's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why would anyone, even a thick paddy, think it appropriate to blow up a customs oifficial?

It's just silly.
    The fact is that there are people in NI just itching to start killing people again and are desperate for an excuse to do so. The logic appears to be that we ought to be prepared to sacrifice our national sovereignty and unity in order to appease these fùcking worthless animals.

No. Me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The fact is that there are people in NI just itching to start killing people again and are desperate for an excuse to do so. The logic appears to be that we ought to be prepared to sacrifice our national sovereignty and unity in order to appease these fùcking worthless animals.

No. Me neither.
    Fúck 'em. If they want to slaughter each other, let them get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

It's just silly.
    Of course it is silly but he would be a symbol, or the most obvious recognisable symbol of the British Government which had forced the re-enforcement of the border on the island of Ireland.

Entirely innocent of course but then a lot of your casualties in the Troubles were.

Loads of nutters still mooching around, on both sides. Not sure they will be too arsed about fighting each other so your boys will be next in line. Nothing may ever happen, hopefully not, but the threat will be back for the first time in over 20 years or whatever.

Sad scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Of course it is silly but he would be a symbol, or the most obvious recognisable symbol of the British Government which had forced the re-enforcement of the border on the island of Ireland.

Entirely innocent of course but then a lot of your casualties in the Troubles were.

Loads of nutters still mooching around, on both sides. Not sure they will be too arsed about fighting each other so your boys will be next in line. Nothing may ever happen, hopefully not, but the threat will be back for the first time in over 20 years or whatever.

Sad scenes.
    I seriously doubt there is the political will or capability to support any sort of large-scale return to terrorism. There are no serious numbers interested in starting the Troubles up again. An entire generation has grown up in peace - you might get a couple of nutter dinosaurs blowing up fertiliser bombs or shooting at a customs official, but the chances of it going back to anything like the bad times is pretty much zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I seriously doubt there is the political will or capability to support any sort of large-scale return to terrorism. There are no serious numbers interested in starting the Troubles up again. An entire generation has grown up in peace - you might get a couple of nutter dinosaurs blowing up fertiliser bombs or shooting at a customs official, but the chances of it going back to anything like the bad times is pretty much zero.
    100% bu t then even 1 isolated incident such as those above would be hugely regrettable in this day and age.

It is the isolated lunatics who can be the most dangerous.