Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tonight the temperature will not fall below 20c. It’s mid-October.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I keep feeling really hot and having to take my dressing gown off. Is it global warming? The menopause? Or have I just completely fvcked my body's thermostat with drink?
    I couldn't be sure. What I can be sure of is that the stupidly warm weather will not prevent me from lighting the fire tonight. I did not buy a family home in Wimbledon with a large fire to be told that I must sit in the garden in October.

The log man came with a tonne (ton?) of logs last weekend. They will be gone by spring

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I couldn't be sure. What I can be sure of is that the stupidly warm weather will not prevent me from lighting the fire tonight. I did not buy a family home in Wimbledon with a large fire to be told that I must sit in the garden in October.

The log man came with a tonne (ton?) of logs last weekend. They will be gone by spring
    I take it you illegally burn coal as well? You can't beat coal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I take it you illegally burn coal as well? You can't beat coal.
    Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell

Wd logs imo.

Coal just sort of glows, though. I enjoy the drama of burning logs. The crackle, the light, the smell

Wd logs imo.
    The crackle is because they aren't dry enough... you still get the aroma with briquettes but without the extra ash
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You bought logs???? I assume you were sensible and bought briquettes with practically no moisture rather than buying logs
    https://www.woodfuel.coop/

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You bought logs???? I assume you were sensible and bought briquettes with practically no moisture rather than buying logs
    They don't look like a cosy log fire, though.

No, you want a nice log fire to build up some hot coals, then you chuck a load of coal on top, wait half an hour, then strip naked and open all the doors and windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

No, you want a nice log fire to build up some hot coals, then you chuck a load of coal on top, wait half an hour, then strip naked and open all the doors and windows.
    And they look just like a log/coal fire except they are hotter and you use less fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

and then invite B round....

eagles-claw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and then invite B round....

eagles-claw.jpg
    There's nothing gay about two men grappling naked on a bearskin rug in front of a roaring fire, psrb. Nothing could be more manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I bought what my parents buy which is barn seasoned logs. Can't be dealing with logs with lots of sap that take forever to burn.

Also, there are some trees at the end of my garden with TPOs on them. Any idea how they can unfortunately catch a disease and have to be felled? They're going to block the sun on my BBQ area in the summer.