Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I try to avoid current affairs.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I like the way 'his administration' is labelled as doing nothing during there Bengal famine of 1943.

I am pretty sure that government was busy doing something at the time.
    One of the things we were busy doing was literally defending India from getting invaded by one of the most murderous regimes ever to have stalked the planet. Indeed, at Imphal and Kohima we turned them back from the gates of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One of the things we were busy doing was literally defending India from getting invaded by one of the most murderous regimes ever to have stalked the planet. Indeed, at Imphal and Kohima we turned them back from the gates of India.
    Ah, the Battle of the Tennis Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, the Battle of the Tennis Court.
    Turns out that repeated suicidal death charges against strong defensive positions and a well-armed opponent aren't a particularly good idea. Silly old Tojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Bengal bore the brunt once the Japanese moved into Burma.

Its tragic, its terrible, but there was a ****nig war on. Bit bloody harsh to castigate an entire political legacy over this.