Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Here's something I don't get: Chicken Katsu Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Parsnips? Sweet potatoes? Butternut squash?

Nah, you're right. Those are all shìte compared to a spud.
    I've got sweet potatoes but... so sweet! I can't face the idea. Parsnips are also... sweet! And butternut squash can just fúck off. I hate it.

Parsnips? Sweet potatoes? Butternut squash?

Nah, you're right. Those are all shìte compared to a spud.
    Wait. Lentils. It will have to be lentils. I'll stir the sauce into the little puys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got sweet potatoes but... so sweet! I can't face the idea. Parsnips are also... sweet! And butternut squash can just fúck off. I hate it.
    I grew about 40 butternut squashes last year. I probably ate about 4 of them in the form of soup (they do make a decent soup with a bit of smoked paprika or curry powder). The rest were given away or fùcked out the window.

Agree about sweet potatoes. Sweet potato fries make you feel like you're about to go into diabetic coma. Parsnips are great in a roast dinner when they're offset by other stuff, but not on their own.

You could make falafelly-type things out of beans?

I grew about 40 butternut squashes last year. I probably ate about 4 of them in the form of soup (they do make a decent soup with a bit of smoked paprika or curry powder). The rest were given away or fùcked out the window.

Agree about sweet potatoes. Sweet potato fries make you feel like you're about to go into diabetic coma. Parsnips are great in a roast dinner when they're offset by other stuff, but not on their own.

You could make falafelly-type things out of beans?
    No, I've definitely decided on the lentils now. I like lentils with a cream sauce. I'll boil the fúckers, make a mushroom / shallot / mustard cream sauce as if it were to be spooned on the chops, but stick it in the lentils.

No, I've definitely decided on the lentils now. I like lentils with a cream sauce. I'll boil the fúckers, make a mushroom / shallot / mustard cream sauce as if it were to be spooned on the chops, but stick it in the lentils.
    The thing is that anything other than potatoes is just taking up space, really, isn't it? It's not there because it complements the dish, it's there because you need something besides meat and veg.

What did people do before potatoes?

The thing is that anything other than potatoes is just taking up space, really, isn't it? It's not there because it complements the dish, it's there because you need something besides meat and veg.

What did people do before potatoes?
    Bread. Lots and lots of bread.

Bread is good. Bread is almost as good as potatoes.

Bread. Lots and lots of bread.

Bread is good. Bread is almost as good as potatoes.
    In some cases it's even better (ie hot meat sandwiches).

Of course, bread is pretty much my evil nemesis. Less than a week off spuds and bread and I've already shed pounds.

In some cases it's even better (ie hot meat sandwiches).

Of course, bread is pretty much my evil nemesis. Less than a week off spuds and bread and I've already shed pounds.
    I suspect that you haven't been running.

Hmm?

The flesh is evil and must be mortified. Get your sweat on and enjoy spuds!

I suspect that you haven't been running.

Hmm?

The flesh is evil and must be mortified. Get your sweat on and enjoy spuds!
    No. Running basically meant it was taking me five minutes to get down the stairs every morning. I need to find something else.

No. Running basically meant it was taking me five minutes to get down the stairs every morning. I need to find something else.
    Poor old knees can't take it, eh? Shame.

Exercise bike. Low impack. Lovely job. Some weights to go with that? I think so, yes. Little bit the dumb bell action.

It's an hour a day. You know you can find an hour a day.