Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...the Labour Party Conference.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The terrifying thing is the size of the numbers there. Tens of thousands of people obsessed with 5th form politics.

I bet there are dickheads there wearing keffiyehs.

What in God's name does 'Justice for the Windrush generation' actually mean?
    Do they still do that, do you think? How embarrassing.

I'm not really sure about the Windrush thing, tbh. Isn't it just this year's Grenfell? Or is it something to do with Lenny Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do they still do that, do you think? How embarrassing.

I'm not really sure about the Windrush thing, tbh. Isn't it just this year's Grenfell? Or is it something to do with Lenny Henry?
    Its political capital. A load of black people were basically told they weren't British while Theresa May was at the Home Office.

The sheer importance attached to Palestine by huge sections of the party is the most unnerving aspect of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its political capital. A load of black people were basically told they weren't British while Theresa May was at the Home Office.

The sheer importance attached to Palestine by huge sections of the party is the most unnerving aspect of this.
    Well, either they were British, or they weren't. I'm pretty sure that these matters are governed by some legal definition, rather than the opinion of the Home Secretary or a civil servant.

Well, either they were British, or they weren't. I'm pretty sure that these matters are governed by some legal definition, rather than the opinion of the Home Secretary or a civil servant.
    I think it was an 'administrative error'.......

Mistakes happen, p. It's a good job we have an independent judiciary to have the final say in these matters.

If someone told me I wasn't British, I'd show them my passport and suggest they sling their hook. Why did these Windrushers not do similar?

Mistakes happen, p. It's a good job we have an independent judiciary to have the final say in these matters.

If someone told me I wasn't British, I'd show them my passport and suggest they sling their hook. Why did these Windrushers not do similar?
    Not a drop of British blood in you, is there?

Not a drop of British blood in you, is there?
    None whatsoever. Except all of it. 100% British blood. Cut me and I bleed red, white and blue. Mainly red.

Exactly. All a misunderstanding, I'm sure.

If any of them had been any good at cricket you can be sure we'd have kept them.

Exactly. All a misunderstanding, I'm sure.

If any of them had been any good at cricket you can be sure we'd have kept them.
    As I say, political capital. Our dear Prime Minister had a difficult time at the Home Office. She has managed to find herself in the right place at the wrong time twice now

Hang on. I thought some of these people were denied on the grounds of criminality ?
    Lammy and Co are hopping mad about it.
    Personally, if it's proven these people were indeed scumballs, I have no issue with the Governments decision to f*ck them off out the window.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...or-citizenship