Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: 11/09/01

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I went to Bangkok the following week and the footage of the a/c impacting the towers was being played everywhere ona constant loop. Hotels, bars, restaurants, they even set up TVs in street markets so you didn't have to go more than 3 minutes without watching tragedy unfold.

A strange people, the Thais.
    What was the stand-out moment of 9/11 for you? The collapse of the towers was spectacular, but I felt the second plane hitting was the most dramatic, since that was when you knew for certain it was deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What was the stand-out moment of 9/11 for you? The collapse of the towers was spectacular, but I felt the second plane hitting was the most dramatic, since that was when you knew for certain it was deliberate.
    Up until then it was all a tragic accident, then that hit and it was suddenly 'oh'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The collapse, I think. While the twoers were burning I was thinking about the casualties on the flights and wondering how long it would take the fire brigade to put the flames out; at the point the buildings collapsed it hit home that thousands of people were likely to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The collapse, I think. While the twoers were burning I was thinking about the casualties on the flights and wondering how long it would take the fire brigade to put the flames out; at the point the buildings collapsed it hit home that thousands of people were likely to be dead.
    The first collapse did have the advantage of surprise. No-one expected it, did they? :jetfuelcan'tmeltsteelbeams:

Back then it was those modern silver jobbies