Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cook gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    This may sound ungrateful but shouldn't he just **** off? We have a dead rubber to look at someone else ahead of the winter tours.
    Watching Alistair Cook bat one more time is no-one's idea of a life-enhancing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Watching Alistair Cook bat one more time is no-one's idea of a life-enhancing experience.
    England's all tie leading run scorer in test cricket, no? Miles ahead of Boycott presumably?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    England's all tie leading run scorer in test cricket, no? Miles ahead of Boycott presumably?
    Boycott played 108 tests. Cook has played 160.

Boycott averaged 47.72. Cook averages 44.8.

Cook's been a fine player for England, but he's not in Boycott's league.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    At his peak one of the best openers in the world. Yeah, he's on the slide and has been for awhile, but a class act.

This may sound ungrateful but shouldn't he just **** off? We have a dead rubber to look at someone else ahead of the winter tours.
    This is David Lloyd's view on Twitter and has some merit. I think we will bring in one batsman anyway and the fuss around Cook may take some pressure off whoever that is. Series is won so we can afford to be generous to a legend of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This is David Lloyd's view on Twitter and has some merit. I think we will bring in one batsman anyway and the fuss around Cook may take some pressure off whoever that is. Series is won so we can afford to be generous to a legend of the game
    I think its time to have another look at Vince at three

I think its time to have another look at Vince at three
    I'm all for having Bell back before we give that soft **** another go