Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh God I can't stand it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got a new dentist, la. He's German. HE RECKONS BERLIN IS THE HOME OF THE CURRYWURST!

What a mentalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One of my favourite things when I'm unfortunate enough to have to go to German trade shows is when I haven't got any appointments, to sneak away to a hall far away from colleagues or people who know me, find an Imbiss outside and sit and sneakily imbibe Pilsner and bratwurst for an hour or so*.

*As long as I think I can get away with.
    Quite so b. A fine bratwurst mit zempf and possibly bratkartoffeln. Currywursst is strictly for the locals who can be forgiven for knowing no better.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Quite so b. A fine bratwurst mit zempf and possibly bratkartoffeln. Currywursst is strictly for the locals who can be forgiven for knowing no better.
    You're not a dirty pervert like la, are you? You don't reject the Kartoffelnsalat?

You're not a dirty pervert like la, are you? You don't reject the Kartoffelnsalat?
    Who chooses potato salad over fried potatoes?

That, my friend, is the acme of perversion.

Who chooses potato salad over fried potatoes?

That, my friend, is the acme of perversion.
    It depends. You wouldn't want fried potatoes with your Schweinshaxe or your Schnitz, would you?

It depends. You wouldn't want fried potatoes with your Schweinshaxe or your Schnitz, would you?
    Yes. Where there is a choice of potatoes, my potato preferences in descending order are:

1/ Fried
    2/ Roasted
    3/ Dauphinoised
    4/ Baked
    5/ Lyonnaised
    6/ Saladed
    7/ Mashed
    8/ Croquetted
    9/ Boulanger
    10/ Boiled

Obviously, there are many other fine examples of potato, but we'd be here all day if I had to rank them.

Yes. Where there is a choice of potatoes, my potato preferences in descending order are:

1/ Fried
    2/ Roasted
    3/ Dauphinoised
    4/ Baked
    5/ Lyonnaised
    6/ Saladed
    7/ Mashed
    8/ Croquetted
    9/ Boulanger
    10/ Boiled

Obviously, there are many other fine examples of potato, but we'd be here all day if I had to rank them.
    Hmm. I'm interested that you do not differentiate between fried, sautéed, and chipped.

Animal.

Hmm. I'm interested that you do not differentiate between fried, sautéed, and chipped.

Animal.
    Of course I do, but in this context, if given the choice between any fried potato and any other kind of potato, nine times out of ten I'm going with it. The best type of fried potato is a sub-category among the potato elite.

Because of the endless references to currywurst on here I bought one from Waitrose once. IN a pack. A sausage and some gloopy sauce.

I cooked the sausage on my Barbie and warmed the sauce and put it on the sausage in a bun

It was sh1t. Coleman's mustard would have been far superior to the sauce. Mind you, Coleman's is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Because of the endless references to currywurst on here I bought one from Waitrose once. IN a pack. A sausage and some gloopy sauce.

I cooked the sausage on my Barbie and warmed the sauce and put it on the sausage in a bun

It was sh1t. Coleman's mustard would have been far superior to the sauce. Mind you, Coleman's is genius.
    Amazing that a German speciality wasn't that great when you bought it pre-packaged from Waitrose. I find that baffling.

After all, the best Italian food in the world comes out of a microwave in a Travelodge in Abu Dhabi...

Amazing that a German speciality wasn't that great when you bought it pre-packaged from Waitrose. I find that baffling.

After all, the best Italian food in the world comes out of a microwave in a Travelodge in Abu Dhabi...
    As far as I'm aware, it's just bratwurst, ketchup and curry powder. Why would you need it ready-made?