Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Cor. The Arsenal twittertypes are awfully upset about Kroenke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I miss pubs having lounge bars and public bars. The bantz was always better in the public bar, but the flipside of that was a better chance of getting punched.

I also miss people ordering weird beer combinations like a pint of mild and bitter, light and bitter or - in the case of Youngs pubs - a pint of Ram and Spesh (which was a bottle of Ramrod topped up with Young's Special strong ale). I shudder to think what these combinations used to do to the innards of the old men who ordered them.
    I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I remember an old gentleman who propped up the bar in the King's Head in Bexley village for many, many years, whose diet consisted entirely of pints of Mother-in-law. Old and bitter.

You never see Old or Mild any more. Or bottles of light ale.
    There were hazards to be negotiated as a young barperson. I remember a chap who always drank White Shield Worthington, which is a very fine bottled ale, but throws a sediment. Did anyone think to warn me of this before pouring it? Did they fúck.