Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nice of Greece to steal Sweden’s forest fire thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He claims to be a fúcking doctor, i.

A doctor.
    incredible innit
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Perhaps the massive consumption of oxygen by the massive fcking fire can deprive living animals of a basic requirement for life.
    Fúcks sake, perhaps we can get a primary school child to explain the fundamentals of existence to you, r.
    This theory assumes that the fire had got incredibly close. Indeed, close enough to burn you as well.

You would think that one of the following things may have happened prior to that:

i) You know there is a forest fire in the vicinity & are therefore watchful over its progress (even at night).
    ii) You are awoken by a neighbour/the fire service/the police as they see the fire rapidly progress towards your property.
    iii) You know the fire is close to choose to move elsewhere until all is said and done.

Something doesn't add up & I cannot fathom what.

incredible innit
    To be fair, you do have to get pretty close for it to eat all your oxygen. This does speak of a certain lack of vigilance on the part of our now-departed bubble chums imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, you do have to get pretty close for it to eat all your oxygen. This does speak of a certain lack of vigilance on the part of our now-departed bubble chums imo.
    Thank you, B. IUFG's post enforces my belief some humankind simply lack the intelligence to put the massive forest fire racing towards them & potential death together & make a logical decision based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Thank you, B. IUFG's post enforces my belief some humankind simply lack the intelligence to put the massive forest fire racing towards them & potential death together & make a logical decision based on it.
    or perhaps the local weather conditions, changed by the massive fúcking fire, cause the fire to circle around on itself and trap animals (all of which have an survival instincts) within?

I admit that, say, a racoon, doesn't try and rescue its fúcking ipad from a burning house before beating a hasty retreat.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

or perhaps the local weather conditions, changed by the massive fúcking fire, cause the fire to circle around on itself and trap animals (all of which have an survival instincts) within?

I admit that, say, a racoon, doesn't try and rescue its fúcking ipad from a burning house before beating a hasty retreat.
    Perhaps the weather conditions did change. But if that is the case, why did the Fire Service/Police not evacuate people based on the forecast? It stinks of incompetence/laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This theory assumes that the fire had got incredibly close. Indeed, close enough to burn you as well.
    What close enough to kill? I think we've arrived back at the start, haven't we?

What close enough to kill? I think we've arrived back at the start, haven't we?
    No. We have reached the stage where all concerned are surprised that one of the aforementioned scenarios (all of which would have mitigated the loss of life) had not come to fruition prior to the fire being close enough to asphyxiate/burn.

To be fair, you're just hypothesising now, though, aren't you?

No, for me, there's no excuse for getting killed by a forest fire in this day and age. I can't imagine what they thought they were up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, you're just hypothesising now, though, aren't you?

No, for me, there's no excuse for getting killed by a forest fire in this day and age. I can't imagine what they thought they were up to.
    I am actually.

Fundamentally the terrain and wind speed are the things that make the fire unpredictable.

A strong wind fuels the fire which in turn creates a strong wind, which fuels the fire...

The unpredictability of the fire is what kills.

That and gross stupidity