Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I know it's only the white ball stuff but I am enjoying England

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yeah - take your point on concentrating on the Test side but I think the captaincy is more of an issue there not that he is playing one-day cricket. My rant was more directed at an idiot on Twitter yesterday who I refrained from engaging with, who said that picking Root was a throwback to 90s cricket. Don't think Root has been that out of touch in the one-day game though - only been a few games since he scored a ton (in NZ) and a fair few other decent scores besides
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it: Root really isn't a very good captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it: Root really isn't a very good captain.
    Who else is there though?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Who else is there though?
    Mike Brearley?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sadly I don't think this is uncommon view. No shame in it - great batsman but has no experience in the role prior to be made England captain. Personally I would give it to Broad just for ****s and giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sadly I don't think this is uncommon view. No shame in it - great batsman but has no experience in the role prior to be made England captain. Personally I would give it to Broad just for ****s and giggles
    Bowlers are animals. You cant let them captain a side.

We dont have anyone so Root gets his turn. His batting average actually hasn't suffered much. I checked the stats a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Bowlers are animals. You cant let them captain a side.

We dont have anyone so Root gets his turn. His batting average actually hasn't suffered much. I checked the stats a few months back.
    Nope just not turning 50s into tons - worse problems to have I suppose