Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
He complained about chef awards being gender-categorised.

To me this seems an entirely sensible way to ensure female recognition in a male dominated industry
Ah. Right. That's fairly mild these days, tbf. I've just received this from a leading engineering institution and am having to use all my powers not to unleash my full level of intolerance about it. I don't even know what the UA+ stands for.

I just wanted to get in touch to see if you might be interested in a story for tomorrow. The IET (Institution of Engineering and Technology) are launching a new campaign to help LGBTUA+ into careers in STEM, after conducting research to see what the barriers to entry were. They found that 29% of respondents who identified as LGBTUA+ said they had opted against having a career in STEM due to worries they would be discriminated against. This is something they are keen to change.

We also have some video content to go alongside the story where five young women engineers have a “pillow fight” using drones and explosives, turning the typical stereotype on its head. It’s below..I just wanted to get this on your radar to see if it might be of interest- we also have available for interview; Jo Foster (IET Diversity and Inclusion Manager)
I mean FFS!