Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: CarWIMB - I have roughly £10k to spend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What car should I get? Not what car do you think I should like, but - given what you know about me and my concerns in these things - what car should I get?

Sole criteria: more bootspace and should be silver - or at least not black.
    Given what I know about you and cars, I would say, buy the car with the biggest boot on earth. Maybe buy a Transit van?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Given what I know about you and cars, I would say, buy the car with the biggest boot on earth. Maybe buy a Transit van?
    Hmmm. I don't think I'm butch enough for a Transit van.

One of those little vans, maybe?

Hmmm. I don't think I'm butch enough for a Transit van.

One of those little vans, maybe?
    Citroen Berlingo. Diesel. Lovely job.

Citroen Berlingo. Diesel. Lovely job.
    Seriously, though, I've no fvcking clue.

What's the Kia Sportage like? Is it a girl's car? It is, isn't it?

Seriously, though, I've no fvcking clue.

What's the Kia Sportage like? Is it a girl's car? It is, isn't it?
    It's a good car. It's not quite as good as the previous one. Kia are where Hyundai were 5 years ago.

Look, contact the bloke whose details I gave you, tell him you want 5 doors, big boot so D segment or SUV, petrol or hybrid and let him tell you what deals he has at that moment. You may find that Kia have released a batch of Sportages at silly money, or Lexus have dumped a load of IS250s on him, or whatever. You're in the best position to come by a bargain if you don't care about the car.

It's a good car. It's not quite as good as the previous one. Kia are where Hyundai were 5 years ago.

Look, contact the bloke whose details I gave you, tell him you want 5 doors, big boot so D segment or SUV, petrol or hybrid and let him tell you what deals he has at that moment. You may find that Kia have released a batch of Sportages at silly money, or Lexus have dumped a load of IS250s on him, or whatever. You're in the best position to come by a bargain if you don't care about the car.

Although you should probably tell me what 'D Segment' means so I don't sound like too much of a cvnt.

Although you should probably tell me what 'D Segment' means so I don't sound like too much of a cvnt.
    Avensis / Passat sized rep mobile. What would have been a Cortina or Cavalier, back in the day.