Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: MovieWimb - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missourri.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My deputy editor was complaining that the racist didn’t get his ‘comeuppance’.

These people think everything should be a pantomime.
    There are two points here:

1. Once you are introduced to that character and experience his range of flaws, plumping for 'racist' to describe him shows a degree of obsession which suggests psychiatric help ought to be sought.

2. If you see what that character goes through en route to his redemption and don't think that a sufficient trial, you're a fúcking sick maniac.

The other thing is, so fúcking what? It's a story. Surely the storyteller can write whatever story he fancies? Why must a story comply with the required outcomes of the PC brigade? I've answered my own question, really, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There are two points here:

1. Once you are introduced to that character and experience his range of flaws, plumping for 'racist' to describe him shows a degree of obsession which suggests psychiatric help ought to be sought.

2. If you see what that character goes through en route to his redemption and don't think that a sufficient trial, you're a fúcking sick maniac.

The other thing is, so fúcking what? It's a story. Surely the storyteller can write whatever story he fancies? Why must a story comply with the required outcomes of the PC brigade? I've answered my own question, really, I suppose.
    I haven’t seen it, only heard the bleatings of my achingly PC colleagues. Essentially, they find the idea that racism or racists can ever be contextualised in such a way that is anything less than utterly condemnatory highly ‘problematic’.