Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As I was being forced to endure an episode of 'The Handmaid's Tale' with my wife last

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't think we can hold the gays responsible for this, p. They'd never be this joyless. That takes feminists.

I laughed particularly hard when she discovered that the black man who'd rescued her was a secret muslim. Because of course muslims are good guys as well. They'd never participate in the oppression of women. Oh, no.

That's another thing that bothers me. There are societies on earth where women are actually treated like that, but they aren't Trump's America or Brexit Britain. And you'll never catch progressive types complaining loudly about them. No, it's all about how evil white, western Christian men are. I wonder why?
    Because historically we always were. It is only in recent years (relatively speaking) that we have started to embrace the better angels of our nature.

I say we- of course, I am not a christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Because historically we always were. It is only in recent years (relatively speaking) that we have started to embrace the better angels of our nature.

I say we- of course, I am not a christian.
    NO. WE. WEREN'T.

White, Christian men have brought greater health, wealth and happiness to the entire population of the fvcking globe than any other fvcking group in history fvcking EVER.

NO. WE. WEREN'T.

White, Christian men have brought greater health, wealth and happiness to the entire population of the fvcking globe than any other fvcking group in history fvcking EVER.
    And greater misery, poverty, death, disease, slavery, proselytisation, starvation and subjugation than any other- in the modern era.

We are all guilty. Admittedly you and your ilk much more than me and mine but we will still swing from the same rope....and rightly so.

And greater misery, poverty, death, disease, slavery, proselytisation, starvation and subjugation than any other- in the modern era.

We are all guilty. Admittedly you and your ilk much more than me and mine but we will still swing from the same rope....and rightly so.
    What utter nonsense. Consider the tremendous humanitarian records of Genghis Khan, Cetshwayo, Ranavalona, or the Aztec and Inca people. Everywhere he has gone, the white man has brought civilisation and the Good Word to the barbarian hordes. Occasionally, admittedly, doing the Lord's work required a firm hand. But these isolated incidents are mere details.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What utter nonsense. Consider the tremendous humanitarian records of Genghis Khan, Cetshwayo, Ranavalona, or the Aztec and Inca people. Everywhere he has gone, the white man has brought civilisation and the Good Word to the barbarian hordes. Occasionally, admittedly, doing the Lord's work required a firm hand. But these isolated incidents are mere details.
    I suggest you listen to Iron Maiden's classic 'Run To The Hills'.....

Great song

Great song
    Buggers didn't play it live when I saw them though. Only song I knew as well *

*not quite true, still an amazing gig

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

See, I would be pretty angry if I saw them and they didnt play that. It just isnt fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Hang on. You didn't know 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter'?

Great song
    Is that the one about murdering American Indians?

You know what the American Indians were actually like, right? I suggest you read 'Empire Of The Summer Moon' about the Comanches in Texas and ask yourself how you might have gone about handling that bunch of pitiless, psychopathic, torturing, murdering mass rapists.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-05-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Is that the one about murdering American Indians?

You know what the American Indians were actually like, right? I suggest you read 'Empire Of The Summer Moon' about the Comanches in Texas and ask yourself how you might have gone about handled that bunch of pitiless, psychopathic, torturing, murdering mass rapists.
    Are you suggesting that I cannot trust the word of Iron Maiden on historical matters?