Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'll be curious to see how the Russians (take note Ash) talk their way out of this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    week before - Malaysia Airlines - on my way to visit my dad in Oz.

I cannot tell you how much I loathe and detest that vain exhibitionist thug Putin and I believe we ought to take him to task for this.
    Well now I think we can all agree that it has additional poignance for us, too, h.

If you'd only planned your journey for a week later...

It's the cricket b eh? You're presenting a calm exterior but

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well now I think we can all agree that it has additional poignance for us, too, h.

the beastliness is leaking out. Give issue b! Compose one of those coruscating diatribes and let the England batsmen have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Is poignance a word one can use with complete confidence? I mean in public, etc. It doesn't seem quite right. Almost rather poignancy. Like hurtfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Is poignance a word one can use with complete confidence? I mean in public, etc. It doesn't seem quite right. Almost rather poignancy. Like hurtfulness.
    Indubitably, imo. B knows all about this stuff.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."