Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Interesting....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have to admit I find such monsters rather ugly and silly-looking. When did we decide that a bulky watch was a good idea?
    I suspect that the bulking iup happened when watchmakers began to chase the emergence of money amongst vulgarians. The Yanqui 100 years ago, then the Arab, then the Russians and the Chinese. These people, who like to holiday in Dubai, are interested only in show, not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suspect that the bulking iup happened when watchmakers began to chase the emergence of money amongst vulgarians. The Yanqui 100 years ago, then the Arab, then the Russians and the Chinese. These people, who like to holiday in Dubai, are interested only in show, not quality.
    Personally, as you know, I prefer a Breguet Repeater on a discreet silver chain.

Personally, as you know, I prefer a Breguet Repeater on a discreet silver chain.
    I have my father's pocket watch, which my mother bought for him in the mid-70s. It is a Jaeger Lecoultre, suggesting to me that the business must have had a very good year

Unfortunately, it is very 1970s indeed. Extremely 1970s.

I have my father's pocket watch, which my mother bought for him in the mid-70s. It is a Jaeger Lecoultre, suggesting to me that the business must have had a very good year

Unfortunately, it is very 1970s indeed. Extremely 1970s.
    Nice. I think you ought to revive it.

Listening to all the O'Brians one after the other is affecting my mind and vocabulary. I have to stop myself calling bread 'soft tack' and telling people to 'belay that'.

Nice. I think you ought to revive it.

Listening to all the O'Brians one after the other is affecting my mind and vocabulary. I have to stop myself calling bread 'soft tack' and telling people to 'belay that'.
    "Which it's coming ain't it?" is a phrase often heard round my gaff.

"Which it's coming ain't it?" is a phrase often heard round my gaff.
    The other day, I couldn't get 'Spanish Ladies' out of my head and had no idea why until I started listening again and realised I'd fallen asleep the night before while listening to a passage where they'd sung it.