Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Interesting....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not pawning, no. If anything, selling. They are an asset and, in some cases, an appreciating asset. The wise man cuts his suit according to his cloth.
    You've changed, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You've changed, man.
    No, I haven't.

No, I haven't.
    I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.

I'm only messsing, of course. This is eminently sensible.

However, would it not hurt a little to part with them? I know how you treasure them.
    I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.

I speak only theoretically. There will be lots of decisions and crunching of numbers to do; I'm just being pragmatic about it really. The reality is, if I do actually go through with getting off the treadmill at 55ish, I won't have the same income I have now, but I don't yet know what that might mean exactly.
    You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?

You could always become a cat sitter. We're off to Paris next week and have engaged one. Basically, he's a old retired chap who toddles about feeding cats, watering plants and turning lights on and off. It struck me as very sensible.

I am a bit worried about what happens if the cvnt drops dead while people are away on holiday, though. Will our cats simply go un-fed?
    The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.

The cats will eat hi. Easy.

I'm more and more interested in the B&B idea. 2 en suite bedrooms should easily return you £25k a year. That's enough to spend January in Asia and have something left over for christmas. And I can offer Eggs Benedict.
    Initially, I read 'Asia' as 'Asda' and was very confused.

I do just worry that your innate misanthropy will be a problem, but I can see the attraction. You'll just have to get your head back into business mode.