Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Interesting....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Sir C...was unaware there was fellow watch collector on here.

Any nice pieces in your collection?

My last purchase was a 1970s Enicar day date. Literally one of the last before the quartz revolution shut them down. Got it for £300 from a collector buddy in Austria.

It’s untouched but I’ve seen polished ones go for 3x as much on Chrono24.

Happy with my old time piece.

When I’m in Basel I go with my Omega Seamaster 40th Bond Anniversary special edition with the scope dial and 007 counterweight on the seconds hand and my rose gold Oris Big Crown day date pointer.

But it’s Basel so you get Uber drivers with Rolex GMTs
    When I bought my Seamaster the chap tried to upsell me to the James Bond special edition, which I declined. I see that they are now worth all sorts of fortunes

I have a Breitling Navitimer ll SE, Breitling Aerospace, the Seamaster obviously, IWC Portofino, Tag Monaco Calibre 12 (my favourite watch), a Bremont, my father's ugly 1970s Jaeger Lecoultre fob watch and my grandfather's 1920s Longines dress watch.

There are just two that I would like to add: an IWC Portuguese Chrono and, one day with God's blessing, a Patek Phillipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    When I bought my Seamaster the chap tried to upsell me to the James Bond special edition, which I declined. I see that they are now worth all sorts of fortunes

I have a Breitling Navitimer ll SE, Breitling Aerospace, the Seamaster obviously, IWC Portofino, Tag Monaco Calibre 12 (my favourite watch), a Bremont, my father's ugly 1970s Jaeger Lecoultre fob watch and my grandfather's 1920s Longines dress watch.

There are just two that I would like to add: an IWC Portuguese Chrono and, one day with God's blessing, a Patek Phillipe.

Well I guess it's a choice between those and actually ever retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    [/B]

Well I guess it's a choice between those and actually ever retiring.
    Quite. Indeed, when the time comes, the collection might provide a useful boost to the fund.

But you never own a Patek Phillipe you just look after it for the next generation

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    But you never own a Patek Phillipe you just look after it for the next generation
    If I ever get to buy one I'm owning that fúcker, trust me.

If I ever get to buy one I'm owning that fúcker, trust me.
    Pawning your watches? Good heavens. Why not just live off cat food and be done with it?

Pawning your watches? Good heavens. Why not just live off cat food and be done with it?
    Not pawning, no. If anything, selling. They are an asset and, in some cases, an appreciating asset. The wise man cuts his suit according to his cloth.

Not pawning, no. If anything, selling. They are an asset and, in some cases, an appreciating asset. The wise man cuts his suit according to his cloth.
    You've changed, man.

You've changed, man.
    No, I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I thought that was really good marketing from them.

Smitten with the JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual

http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/eu/e...l/130842J.html

Glorious imo