Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I know public information films of the 70s and 80s are a standard comedy trope, but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. At no point did it occur to them to suggest to manufacturers that perhaps they could introduce a mechanism whereby someone stuck in an abandon fridge could get out, of course. Or, indeed, tell local authorities not to leave old fridges lying about.

Naaah, fvck it. Let's just terrify the kids instead.

It's rabies I remember. I was terrified of rabies as a kid and entirely certain that every foreign dog or cat was riddled with it.

You don't hear much about it these days, do you?
    I was scared of rabies too - there was a B movie on the telly with a rabies theme that freaked me out.

Of course when, a couple of years ago, I petted a stray cat in Zanzibar and it scratched me, I should have gone for a course of rabies shots, but my memories from the film were that such injections went into the stomach and were terrifically painful, so I bottled it, preferring to die, hydrophobic and foaming at the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was scared of rabies too - there was a B movie on the telly with a rabies theme that freaked me out.

Of course when, a couple of years ago, I petted a stray cat in Zanzibar and it scratched me, I should have gone for a course of rabies shots, but my memories from the film were that such injections went into the stomach and were terrifically painful, so I bottled it, preferring to die, hydrophobic and foaming at the mouth.
    That’s right. Huge needles straight into the solar plexus, wasn’t it? And you had to get them straight away. If symptoms had started to develop, you were royally fùcked.

I don’t blame you. I remember a programme where some bloke got it off of a fox and then gave it to his girlfriend with a love bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That’s right. Huge needles straight into the solar plexus, wasn’t it? And you had to get them straight away. If symptoms had started to develop, you were royally fùcked.

I don’t blame you. I remember a programme where some bloke got it off of a fox and then gave it to his girlfriend with a love bite.
    :shudder: Yes, fúck all that. Tie me to a bed and let me die shrieking.

Tie me to a bed and let me die shrieking.
    Isn’t that one of your chat-up lines?

:shudder: Yes, fúck all that. Tie me to a bed and let me die shrieking.
    You've just turned Herbs on
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar