Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So for his first home match we should kick off the chanting with

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, appointing a new manager isn't as easy as it looks, is it. We must be out of practise.

It will probably even be cited as a reason for his sacking next year.
    I mean GG was scotch and therefore didn't speak the language very well, but at least he could make himself understood. This bloke's a whole other kettle of sardines.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I mean GG was scotch and therefore didn't speak the language very well, but at least he could make himself understood. This bloke's a whole other kettle of sardines.
    Well, we're not particularly fussy about that sort of thing. We're not Germans or anything. But it is rather unpleasant, and not a little unfair, when chaps that can barely order a bint and a beer in a brothel are touted as "fluent".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Well, we're not particularly fussy about that sort of thing. We're not Germans or anything. But it is rather unpleasant, and not a little unfair, when chaps that can barely order a bint and a beer in a brothel are touted as "fluent".
    I think Steve McLaren had the right idea. Don't bother learning the language, just go over there and speak your own language in a comedy accent instead.