Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So this weekend will be John Motson's last commentary.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So this weekend will be John Motson's last commentary.

To be honest, I don't really care. Always hated him as a commentator. Literally never once has he said anything interesting or enlightening.

In short: good riddance, Motson.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, I don't really care. Always hated him as a commentator. Literally never once has he said anything interesting or enlightening.

Isn't this about his 5th last ever commentary game?

I agree. The only one ever worth more than a cup of cold piss was Barry Davis. "When will they learn?"

Imagine a Barry Davis / BFR dreamteam!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I agree. The only one ever worth more than a cup of cold piss was Barry Davis. "When will they learn?"

Imagine a Barry Davis / BFR dreamteam!
    The only problem with Barry Davies was that he always seemed a bit too keen to make it clear that he was a cut above these other commentator types and had been to University.

The only problem with Barry Davies was that he always seemed a bit too keen to make it clear that he was a cut above these other commentator types and had been to University.
    Baldy-head ****.

Him, not you.

Couldn't stand him. Pompous arse best summed up by his commentary on our cup replay against Newcastle in 2002, when he seemed reluctant to break away from his diatribe about our supposedly weakened team and lack of respect for the competition to commentate on the goal we had just scored to put us one up within a couple of minutes. We were 2-0 up before 10 minutes had gone, the goalscorers being Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp. Also the game Bobby did his knee in which I blame Davies for

Motty's voice hasn't been quite right since about 1998

David Coleman was the best
    "Osborne Wan-Nil"
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I gather Motty is a Spurs supporter too
    Ergo : cund
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I associate his voice with failure.
    My least favourite current commentator is Alan Parry.
    I think that's his name anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I associate his voice with failure.
    My least favourite current commentator is Alan Parry.
    I think that's his name anyway.
    Scouse cvnt?