Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PEA, shoo-in for Golden boot next season

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Looks lovely. You'd need to put in a new cooker, though.

Also, why are there bars on the bedroom windows?

It was a local who told me all this, so he may have had an ulterior motive.

I have no reason to be in that area now we have moved out to the remote north west, anyway.
    Prices look the same - £38 for three courses may scare off some locals but it's good value for that level of quality.

The menu isn't dog walker friendly, which I expect is his point. Still loads of locals in there and their real ale is quite wonderful.

I am now looking forward to it again.

Oh I love the Old Keswickian. Also, the tea rooms just nearby does a tremendous club sandwich.

Mainly Keswick is all about Booths, though.
    Sit-down fish and chips. tearooms and Booths?

You've changed, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Looks lovely. You'd need to put in a new cooker, though.

Also, why are there bars on the bedroom windows?
    I'm guessing ther bars are to keep the drooling locals out

It's about an hour's drive to Keswick. Otherwise the nearest town is Cockermouth. Is Cockermouth really so dreadful? Imagine driving an hour home from Booths to find that you'd forgotten to pick up the coffee beans.

Sit-down fish and chips. tearooms and Booths?

You've changed, man.
    When walking, my rucksack contains a thermos of tea, a packet of Eccles cakes and some sandwiches. I also have a plastic map pocket. And gaiters.

If I bought that house I could use the two top floor en suite rooms to run a little b&B business. £100 a night per room, 200 nights a year? ********FREE MONEY************

I'm guessing ther bars are to keep the drooling locals out

It's about an hour's drive to Keswick. Otherwise the nearest town is Cockermouth. Is Cockermouth really so dreadful? Imagine driving an hour home from Booths to find that you'd forgotten to pick up the coffee beans.
    No. Cockermouth isn't dreadful at all. It has a big Sainsbury's and an Aldi. There are a couple of nice pubs (The Bitter End is my favourite), some lovely Bric-A-Brac/antique shops that it's nice to spend a rainy afternoon in, a lovely old hardware shop, a decent butcher and some other bits and bobs. It also has a Greggs.

For obvious reasons, I haven't been there for about six or seven years, though. It may have changed. Although in fact I've heard it's actually nicer after the refurbishments for the flooding.

When walking, my rucksack contains a thermos of tea, a packet of Eccles cakes and some sandwiches. I also have a plastic map pocket. And gaiters.

If I bought that house I could use the two top floor en suite rooms to run a little b&B business. £100 a night per room, 200 nights a year? ********FREE MONEY************
    Do you really want to share your house with people from Manchester or (God help us) Liverpool, though?

No. Cockermouth isn't dreadful at all. It has a big Sainsbury's and an Aldi. There are a couple of nice pubs (The Bitter End is my favourite), some lovely Bric-A-Brac/antique shops that it's nice to spend a rainy afternoon in, a lovely old hardware shop, a decent butcher and some other bits and bobs. It also has a Greggs.

For obvious reasons, I haven't been there for about six or seven years, though. It may have changed. Although in fact I've heard it's actually nicer after the refurbishments for the flooding.
    Ooh, that's excellent news. I can't imagine that we'd often come in off 't fell, but just in terms of shopping fro supplies, it's good to know there's something nearer than Keswick.

I'm going to have 4 sheeps. Just as pets. And a cockerel to look after my hens.

Do you really want to share your house with people from Manchester or (God help us) Liverpool, though?
    I'd think of it as some holiday money, maybe. A free £20k so we could still spend January Out East.

Anyways, I only said I could, not that I've decided I will. We need another couple of years of work, really.

Ooh, that's excellent news. I can't imagine that we'd often come in off 't fell, but just in terms of shopping fro supplies, it's good to know there's something nearer than Keswick.

I'm going to have 4 sheeps. Just as pets. And a cockerel to look after my hens.
    R can obviously give you the up-to-date skinny on C-Mouth, of course, but it's perfectly serviceable.

Don't you have to shear sheep or they die or something? How are you going to do that?