Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Last Friday I did what I *think* would fall into Awimb's definition of "all-day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    People have got terribly silly about gin. Granted, the arrival of Bombay Sapphire was hugely welcome to a market limited to the Beefeaters and Gordons of this world, but now things have just become ridicules. At the end of the day, it's just fvcking gin - a drink of the poor.

And actually, my favourite is still Gordons Export.

'Gin lounge' ffs!
    They boast of having over 150 gins. I seemed to annoy the **** out of them by asking Bombay Sapphire.

Naturally they didnt have it so they gave me one that was 'similar in taste' for twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They boast of having over 150 gins. I seemed to annoy the **** out of them by asking Bombay Sapphire.

Naturally they didnt have it so they gave me one that was 'similar in taste' for twice the price.
    Exactly. It's pure marketing with no substance whatsoever. I would dearly love to see a blind tasting with some of these gin hipsters. I'd happily put money on Asda's 'Happy Alky Value Gin' (or whatever it's called) would do as well or better than some of those three or four times its price.

Exactly. It's pure marketing with no substance whatsoever. I would dearly love to see a blind tasting with some of these gin hipsters. I'd happily put money on Asda's 'Happy Alky Value Gin' (or whatever it's called) would do as well or better than some of those three or four times its price.
    No beer whatsoever I had to sit in 'The Snug'.......

Given that me and my initial companion had each done ten pints of Guinness we were remarkably well behaved.

I could pick Gordons out just by the smell, was the 1st drink I ever threw up on and it's taken the thick end of 30 years to get over my fear of Gin. Still can't (and wouldn't want to) go near Gordons