Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Apparently Ivan wants Arteta, Raul wants Enrique and Sven wants Naglesmann

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No manager we appoint is going to be here in ten years time, I think. We didn't give Wenger a twenty year contract at the start, did we. He had to earn it, and also want it. But He also has a certain work ethic that doesn't really exist anymore.
    I think you're right. But I'd like us to appoint someone - at some point - that we think might.

If you see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I think you're right. But I'd like us to appoint someone - at some point - that we think might.

If you see what I mean.
    George Graham's still got a few good years left in him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    George Graham's still got a few good years left in him imo.
    Gary Neville would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tragically, Brendan Rodgers is being urged to satay at Celtic by the club captain.

We may have to do without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    LOOK! ALL THE TRADITIONS ARE DYING!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...eves-Vic-Akers

LOOK! ALL THE TRADITIONS ARE DYING!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...eves-Vic-Akers
    it is a fúcking disgrace, b, I tells yer.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it is a fúcking disgrace, b, I tells yer.
    The rot set in when they stopped us using anti-semitic abuse against Tottenham, iufg.

The rot set in when they stopped us using anti-semitic abuse against Tottenham, iufg.
    tbh, I was never fond of the hissing.

The badge.

Changing the badge. For copyright reasons.

That was the day when the old Arsenal died...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If you see what I mean.
    Thing is, nobody will want whomever it is to stay for ten years if he's no good, will they. And there's the rub. Essentially we're saying, we will want him to stay because he's winning us lots of big trophies. But how do you wrest loyalty from such a successful individual when he knows he's always just three or four consecutive defeats away from the sack?

Wenger is different in that He wanted to stay at the Arsenal regardless. He doesn't see success or failure; just going to work every day until it's time to stop. Doing His job. A professional.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."