Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Since we’re doing the Wenger retrospective, how about great mysteries of his era?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Don't forget the man who won a competition to play at Left-Back for a year - Andre Santos
    A weird signing that one. Scored at West Brom on the last day to be fair to him.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Don't forget the man who won a competition to play at Left-Back for a year - Andre Santos
    Did we sign him on the supermarket sweep style deadline day where we picked up a phalanx of poor to average footballers - I seem to remember Per being the pick of the bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did we sign him on the supermarket sweep style deadline day where we picked up a phalanx of poor to average footballers - I seem to remember Per being the pick of the bunch
    Harsh on Arteta.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Harsh on Arteta.
    Yes, when Arsene went into outright panic and signed two footballers who went on to play a huge part in the club for the next five years, both serving as captain.

and a couple of quid on Santos and Park, two of the worst players in the history of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, when Arsene went into outright panic and signed two footballers who went on to play a huge part in the club for the next five years, both serving as captain.

and a couple of quid on Santos and Park, two of the worst players in the history of the world
    Arteta & Per are two of the most underwhelming captains in the history of Arsenal FC. Great men, there can be no doubt. Great footballers, not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Didn't we also sign Gervinho that season? Or am I mistaken?

I was always confused by the fact he wasn't Brazilian.

They pretty much did anyway