Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Stewart Robson...really no need to keep sticking the knife in imo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Eric Gates, John Wark in that Ipswich midfield as well - no wonder Talbot had to move to Arsenal to get a game. Actually Gates probably played up front but dropped very deep iirc
    What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    What was the name of that Sarf Ifriken that played for them?

I ask you as the resident football pervert, la.
    the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Was it Mich D'Avray who came along later - he might have been a Saffa

the team I remember was Cooper; Mills, Beattie, Butcher, Osman; Mühren, Thijssen, Wark; Gates, Brazil, Mariner

Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Googled it. Colin Viljoen. I can still remember his picture in my Panini sticker book.

I thought it was very glamorous of them to have a forriner when everyone else was English, Jockish, Welsh or Irish. In Ipswich, of all places.

edit - He played for England, ffs.
    I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I could never work out Craig Johnston in this respect. Was he Australian or South African?
    Australian, and therefore a wánker.

Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mills wasn't to be fvcked with as I recall. He also managed the impressive feat of playing top level football while looking about 50.
    He was until recently, on BBC Radio Suffolk every Monday morning, without fail, to stick the boot into Mick McCarthy